help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

Dying Man Shards, The Shards are Dying man!
Kiro Cloudwatcher
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 05:09 AM

Watcher of Clouds

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Well anyone who knows the Fear mythos knows these guys.
Pieces of what was once a very powerful being. They possess people and then corrupt their body in some way until they die.

Or some version of that.

So you're probably asking. "We already know this, why make a thread on them here?"
Well honestly I need help. XD
I have two important shards in my blog and I need to take one of them out.
Now normally you'd just let a more powerful shard absorb them. But well the shard in question is at the moment the most powerful Shard in Europe.(At least in my verse.)

Soooo I got another Idea, seal him in a special item. (Given to the protagonists by the Blind man. Sorry for spoilers x.x)
Now I'll stop talking to avoid more spoilers and get to the point.

I can't think of a good Item/object. (Why does this seem like a good way to include a bit of Holders to my blog?)

But yeah, I'd prefer to have an item that doesn't just seem random. So I'm here to ask for suggestions.

And once I got an answer we can keep this thread to talk more about dying man shards. Like for example:
What would happen if a Shard possesses an Altered?

Or stuff. http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/OuO.gif

user posted imageuser posted image
Afterwards
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 08:12 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

One of those old-fashioned lamp things. Then years later someone opens it up, expecting a genie, and BAM! Instant possession and bodily decay.

ALTERNATIVELY: A blank journal-like book. Then, years later, someone finds it and it's no longer blank anymore. It looks like a regular journal, but there keeps being allusions to some sort of hidden danger. They get to the end of the book, and BAM! Suddenly, they know what the danger is!

ALTERNATIVELY: A piece of clothing, or a hat, or hell even some sunglasses or something, and the Shard can only possess whoever's wearing that item. Or something.

ALTERNATIVELY: Pull a Holders and use a (Perfectly Generic) Object.

As for your "What if?" question... Can Shards possess Fears? Why would they be able to possess Altered then? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

This post has been edited by Brahian: Jul 19 2013, 08:12 AM

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
The Shade
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 08:51 AM

Bringer of Doom and Happiness (Mainly Doom)

Member No.: 4

I like Brah's journal idea, but maybe it could work as the Instant's journal? Ie. What he thinks suddenly appears in ink. Or maybe a radio, or an iPod, that when you listen to it you can hear his voice. Just some thoughts.

QUOTE (Brahian @ Jul 19 2013, 01:12 PM)
As for your "What if?" question... Can Shards possess Fears? Why would they be able to possess Altered then? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Well, the Fears (at least in most universes) weren't humans once. The Altered were. So, I believe it could be possible. What if a Shard was possessing a human when they were Altered?

Also, how do you know a Shard can't possess a Fear?

..............................................................................................
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!! ...eventually.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 09:54 AM

Watcher of Clouds

The journal Idea is good!
Considering it IS the blind man that gives said object to the protagonists.

And if its the Instant's journal that could be an idea for a blog of its own in the future! yay xD

And the Shade is right, Altered were human once so why wouldn't a shard be able to posses them?

Also if I remember correctly Weremagi will have shards in campers. So why not other Fears?

:c Why don't we have spoiler tags. I'd comment further on this but major spoilers would be told. And I already gave away too much. :c

Afterwards
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 10:00 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Well in that case, I digress my previous statement.

Srsly though we needz some spoiler tags. DARKSHADS, YOU READING THIS????

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
Kiro Cloudwatcher
 Posted: Jul 20 2013, 08:13 PM

Watcher of Clouds

An idea popped into my head..

Dying man shards: Nobody knows how many exist. Were once a greater being and if they somehow reunite, the world will likely end.

Holder objects: Nobody knows how many exist (even though there are rumors that say how many there are) Once they are all together something very bad will happen (most likely the end of the world.

Now combine this with my earlier idea of sealing a shard in something...

So heres my little theory (which I might make canon in the Cloudverse):

When the Dying man shards got shattered and spread over the world/universe/multiverse they had to cling on to something to survive; But with no life existing yet, they became trapped in Objects.

The other Fears knew that if the shards managed to become one again, it would be a bad thing. So they hid the objects. And gave them to Holders.

But humans as curious as we are eventually got our hands on a few of them. Once the seeker that had found the Object died, the Dying man was able to take over their body and become free again. At first they were weak but over time they gained strength by absorbing other shards.

So every time a Seeker with an object dies, a Dying man shard is released. Which is why the Objects must never be united. Because then the Dying man will become One again.

However it is possible to seal a dying man shard back into an object. But only with the help of another Fear. And not all Fears know how to do this.

Or something. http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/OuO.gif

This post has been edited by Kiro Cloudwatcher: Jul 24 2013, 03:17 AM

Kiro Cloudwatcher
 Posted: Jul 24 2013, 12:55 AM

Watcher of Clouds

Also noticed:

The Holder of (insert dying man shard name)

Would always sound good. as in the Holders and their object are named after the shard in them, or the other way around.

The Holder of the Instant
The Holder of the Moonlight
The Holder of the Shining one.
The Holder of the Animal

^names of my shards lol.

Also: "Legion's" Objects are the ones of which the Shard has already escaped. And are therefore "broken".

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY