A Friendly Reminder..., Skype notification settings and you
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 23 2013, 08:15 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Dear members of We The Afflicted,

I hope you're all having a great time here on the forums and on the Skypechat. I love being able to share in the close-knit community we've all helped build (and rebuild), and I love hearing everyone's new ideas and theories about the world we've created together. It's always fun to Skypechat especially, because you guys get so damn crazy and strange I have to laugh.

However, as you all know, the Afflictedchat gets very fast-paced and crowded sometimes, and some people will leave or set their notification settings for the chat to notify them only if certain words are mentioned, usually their name. I will not name names, but I'm bringing this up because there have recently been a few incidents in the Afflictedchat where people are purposefully repeating members' names to get their attention and notify them, and unfortunately this behavior is causing issues because people have not been respecting these members' notification settings.

This will be said once and only once: this behavior is not acceptable, and it will not be tolerated in the Afflictedchat. This is considered spamming and we have a rule against that for a reason.

There are reasons people choose to be notified only if their name is called, important reasons. Some people become overwhelmed with the fast pace of the chat. Some people are very busy. This behavior is not okay anymore and this is the only warning I will be giving about it before I enact an official rule with more severe consequences attached to it. Currently, if any of the Afflictedstaff see you spamming another member's name in the Afflictedchat, you will be warned. Do it again and you will be warned again. Continuing to do this will result in you being removed from the chat until further notice.

If you see this behavior, please tell a mod or admin. if you're a mod and you see this, please report it to me or to Pandora/Marquise.

Please familiarize yourself with the forum/chat rules, helpfully linked at the top of every forum, if you are not familiar with them yet. If you have any questions, you may ask me or Pandora/Marquise.

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Locked Topic

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY