help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

We, The Afflicted Information Reading Material, Something to start advertising.
WereMagi
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 02:10 AM

Forum Puppy

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

We are a small group that currently gains members from our neighbors.

We need to start putting together something like an informative PDF or some such, a multipurpose brochure or booklet that we can then distribute to our peers and such in other groups or communities and start to tap into other areas to garner members.

We can either have a little eBook magazine or just a informative PDF that has revisions every few months or so as needed or even multiple different copies that we can stick up in places or leave around in places.

I know we are still laying out WHAT ARE WE DOING and WHO we are as a group and such, but this could possibly help focus ideas. After all, we can present what we are in a way that will interest people to come join AND stay with us.

We may not be ready, which I can understand, but the idea is to

1) Start working towards a means to advertise in many places, either online or in real life, and

2) Start to center ideas and just prod things into process so that we can see what we are trying to advertise and either work with it or change things in our structure until all can flow smoothly.

Once I have Willow Mythos stuff to link, I'll update this here signature.

Until then, WOOF WOOF MOFOS!
user posted image
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 09:40 AM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Member No.: 11

I'd print out a shit load of different brochures- on what we are in general, how and what we produce for the series, the different major Afflicted and the different major Abstract, putting in all of them that the series is fairly open source, though it would be nice to use the material already given in new and exciting ways than to make something "brand spankin' new".

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
WereMagi
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 05:00 PM

Forum Puppy

Doesn't have to be new. This is more advertising who we are. We can have one brochure on Willow, another on Fleshy, one for socky AND/OR explain Affliction/Alteration and how it damages lives.

Just something small to throw at people rather than the out-dated TvTropes page or the barely starting Wiki. Unlike the Fear Mythos, we dont have a series bible. Yet. So for now, to educate new members and inform the general public, we go back to old school methods that don't require much effort. I can see myself leaving a stack of these in my Uni's common room and library, or at least sticking up posters where I can that have QR codes that are links to here OR the wiki OR the Google Drive where we may have every informative brochure, flyer and poster. (all work copy righted in case of those nasty people that like to steal things try and steal things.)

user posted image
DarkShadows
 Posted: Sep 14 2013, 09:58 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Very clever, although will your university really want to have this advertising lying around?

The TV Tropes page needs updating. So does the wiki. I will make an official announcement.

I believe it was late last night we all were discussing WTA and came to the conclusion that, while the Slenderman Mythos is about conspiracy and paranoia, and the Fear Mythos is about suffering and death, we're more about suffering and life. The whole Mythos is a metaphor for life and how unfair and cruel it can be, but how one can either rise to the top of it despite challenges or become horribly broken. The world is grey in both real life and this Mythos, and that I think should be our overall theme and basic platform.

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
WereMagi
 Posted: Sep 15 2013, 04:00 AM

Forum Puppy

QUOTE (DarkShadows @ Sep 15 2013, 12:58 PM)
Very clever, although will your university really want to have this advertising lying around?

The TV Tropes page needs updating. So does the wiki. I will make an official announcement.

I believe it was late last night we all were discussing WTA and came to the conclusion that, while the Slenderman Mythos is about conspiracy and paranoia, and the Fear Mythos is about suffering and death, we're more about suffering and life. The whole Mythos is a metaphor for life and how unfair and cruel it can be, but how one can either rise to the top of it despite challenges or become horribly broken. The world is grey in both real life and this Mythos, and that I think should be our overall theme and basic platform.

Okay, home and on my laptop, finally.

As I have said on Skype, my Uni is thinking about it. However, we can also use this at cons and other events or to groups of friends or such. This is more of a means to target people that don't even know about us due to not enough online time or lifestyle or whatever.

It helps to have something like this, in my eyes, just as something more informative than a wiki to explain what we are.

user posted image
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Sep 15 2013, 05:06 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (WereMagi @ Sep 15 2013, 04:00 AM)
QUOTE (DarkShadows @ Sep 15 2013, 12:58 PM)

Okay, home and on my laptop, finally.

As I have said on Skype, my Uni is thinking about it. However, we can also use this at cons and other events or to groups of friends or such. This is more of a means to target people that don't even know about us due to not enough online time or lifestyle or whatever.

It helps to have something like this, in my eyes, just as something more informative than a wiki to explain what we are.

I agree that when we have a basis- when we have a built up world, mythology, and set of symbols that make us what we are, we can spread out by cons. I mean, we have the mythology set up, the symbolism set, but the world has yet to be built and blogs and pastas have yet to be written and collabs have yet to be begun.

I'd say hold off putting priority on spreading the word but, for now, put the priority on building the world.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
DarkShadows
 Posted: Sep 16 2013, 10:34 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (ZacksQuest @ Sep 15 2013, 02:06 PM)
I'd say hold off putting priority on spreading the word but, for now, put the priority on building the world.

What Zack just said here. We aren't ready for spreading the word yet, we need to build up the world. Think of the character and concept building as the first step towards an actual Mythos, and the spreading of it as the first step. We're in the second step - world-building and writing and concept-cementing. We're not done building the apartments, why would we advertise them as open yet?

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
WereMagi
 Posted: Sep 16 2013, 11:58 PM

Forum Puppy

Right... I should probably get around to putting my story online so that we make headway together....

user posted image
Tigerhallam
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 11:19 AM

Frightened

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (WereMagi @ Sep 17 2013, 04:58 AM)
Right... I should probably get around to putting my story online so that we make headway together....

This. Where are we supposed to be posting them? I could make a blog for all and any of my Epsilon stories.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY