help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

What should my next game be?, a prequel, or a sequel?

What should my next game be?
A sequel to The Adventures of [Insert Name Here] [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
A prequel to The Adventures of [Insert Name Here] [ 4 ]  [100.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
Afterwards
 Posted on Aug 2 2013, 11:07 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

So yeah. What do you want my next game to be? If you choose a sequel you will, obviously, continue Ben's adventure from the first game. If you choose a prequel, you get to explore the other characters' backstories and such.

However, whichever one you pick, you will be assured to get answers to such questions as: What is under Kesha's hood? Why does Ringo looks so much like Mario? How is Elfred an elf? What's up with Johnny? What does RNG really look like? Will we ever actually meet Herald?

EDIT: To answer Bunny's question, yes, I will type up a summary and some character sheets soon. They'll be over in the Discussion Thread.

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
SoulEatingBunny
 Posted on Aug 2 2013, 11:09 PM

The Father of the Willow.

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 6

Prequel, and since I'm lazy and don't plan on catching up on the first one, could you please explain the characters and locations again in this one?

user posted image
Main YouTube
Gimble And Gyre
Corvidaek
FluffyBunny0x0
KingFisher
 Posted on Aug 3 2013, 12:29 AM

Haunted

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

I love the idea for a Prequel, you have some interesting character concepts and we might be able to play with the cliches a little.

The. Elf. for example could have an overly detailed and quasi-magic back story making fun of the obvious inspiration for his character.

I'd also love to see a story about Ringo having some sort of crazy adventure involving his single-handed journey through a barbarian landscape or other ridiculously manly and violent adventure saving busty princesses with his big hammer (innuendo very much intended in all aspects of this story)

Similarly a very short, seemingly eventless roleplay for John Johnny Johnson would remind everyone why we don't care (perhaps he walks down the street to buy milk, the end)

This also goes for Ben and Kesha who had no real personality (though I liked to make Ben a disrespectful jerk) and a little more might give us reason to invest in them for the future.

This post has been edited by KingFisher: Aug 3 2013, 12:29 AM

Faith in chaos
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY