The Mother of the Willow
Member No.: 5
Joined: 5-May 13
Aww yeah, guess who's back and feeling like her old self again, ready to help bring this Mythos to life?
Okay guys, a few things. First up, I want to formally apologize for some of my behavior in the Skypechat over the past few months. I was going through a very difficult time in my life at that point and dealing with some minor depression that left me snappish, irritable, and generally made me kind of a not very fun person to be around, as well as made me neglectful to this Mythos and to my other projects. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone, drove anyone away, or otherwise came across as a horrible whiny bitch, because that's not me and I don't want to be seen that way. Sorry for bringing drama in. Sorry for being a sadsack. Sorry. I'm feeling a LOT better now and have found a way to deal with my issues, so I'm alright now and I feel horrible about what I did.
All that said, time to get this thing started and focused. we have a LOT of outdated material and a lot of extraneous crap to trim. I know we're focusing on shaping this Mythos, if we want to do that we need a focus. The following changes are gonna take place, and the following things need to be done:
- While discussing with people in the skypechat, many have have come to the conclusion of what this Mythos is really about - it's about life. while other Mythoii focus on the unknown, the mysterious, and death, we are focusing on the horrors of living, the challenges of living, and we are doing so with eldritch beings, monsters, and yes - human beings too. This idea was suggested by ZacksQuest and I feel it is pointing in the right direction based on some of what my original concepts behind WTA were and are. Thanks again Zack for putting into words what I couldn't originally.
- We need someone who will be dedicated to rewriting and fixing the outdated TVTropes page "The Willow Mythos" to reflect our new direction. That includes discussing the major themes behind the Mythos.
- Speaking of major themes of this Mythos, we have had some discussion on that. A thread will be made to discuss different themes for the Mythos, and if anyone objects or wants to add new stuff, you can pitch it there. Time to bring this forum back to life in the best way possible.
- Effective immediately, we will no longer be using that shitty new Wiki Cat suggested we make. As I recall not many people wanted it anyway, and it's been really neglected as of late. We are going to be using only the old wiki from now on, because we really don't need all that extra shit to have a good wiki. Because of this I need several people to help make the Wiki better reflect the new Mythos - that means discussion of Abstracts, changing all mentions of "Altered" to "Afflicted", and adding the new characters that Eric's little experiment helped us all create to the Wiki. Once this Mythos has more locations and notable things, we can also add locations, notable humans, and more to the Wiki. This will help grow and foster the Mythos lore.
- Also effective immediately, there is a temporary hiatus on making new Afflicted (and a suggestion to decide very carefully whether your story needs new Abstracts or not). I know I originally said make whatever you want, but I now realize that this is going to lead to Loads And Loads Of Characters, which will get confusing. We are going to be encouraging more people to try and use the Afflicted we have. The character-making step is done now, we need to focus on the story-telling aspect, and on fleshing out those characters. Sure, Willow has a set character, but does Fleshangel have one yet? Does Socky? Does the Egg? What about the various Abstracts we have, are we gonna give them set personalities or leave it up to the author?
- Effective right now, I would like to begin looking at world-building. That means stuff like collaborative roleplays, collaboration projects, and other things. What kind of locations are we talking about? What is the culture of the Afflicted like, what is the human reaction to them? What about the Abstracts, how much a hand do they have in things (or should we leave that up to the author)? I would propose a new writing contest, but that may be a bit too much. If you have ideas to world-build, let me know, but ultimately writing will be the only way to world-build at all and keep it semi-solid.
Hope this helps give us a new direction to go in, and a focus for this Mythos. Let's grow this thing into something great, shall we?