help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

Dawn of Fear Character Sheets, Join the RP here!
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 11 2013, 10:41 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Join the DoF RP by posting a character template with your responses here! Bearers, please be aware that you will need to complete both a General and Personal Fear Template. Please complete one Personal Fear Template for every Personal Fear you have. You may not have more than three Personal Fears.

About Character Factions:

There are three types of human characters in Dawn of Fear - Bearers, Nomads, and Servants.

Bearers: Bearers are human beings that have up to three Personal Fears attached to them, and as such have their own fears on display for everyone to see, 24/7. These Personal Fears generally look like the Fear they are based upon (for example, a PF version of the Wooden Girl would show a person's fear of losing control or being abused, just as her non-Personal Fear version is), and can be anything from helpful to harmful to a Bearer. Usually, Bearers have fairly stable Personal Fears that, for the most part, reflect that a Bearer has some control of their own emotions and anxieties. This does not necessarily mean a Bearer is a stable person, however. Bearers can banish Personal Fears and become Nomads if they happen to completely get over their fear, but this requires a great deal of effort and most Bearers are alright with their Personal Fears. Bearers are generally cautious people due to their past experiences, and may have one or more abilities granted to them by nature of being connected to a Personal Fear.

Nomads: Nomads are people who either never had a Personal Fear, or who have completely gotten over their Personal Fear. Nomads are, as their name suggests, traveling people who move from town to town, not unlike "Runners" from before the Great Fear War. The difference is that these people are usually rugged survivalists, and while some are being hunted by non-Personal Fears, not all of them are. They do not trust anyone or anything save for other Nomads, and even then they are wary in case the person is actually a Servant of a Fear or Personal Fear gotten too dominant. They are usually skilled in survival tactics.

Servants: Do I really need to explain what a Proxy is to you people? I do? *sighs* Okay... Servants are people who were either claimed by non-Personal Fears as Proxy-like slaves, or who were overwhelmed by their own Personal Fear to the point that they became submissive to them. These people generally either cannot make their own decisions or if they do, they are made at the consent of the Fear they serve. It is very difficult to free oneself from this type of position. These people can be quite powerful due to their master's influence, and often are quite sneaky. They may be monstrous or decent, but they are always beholden to the decisions of a Fear or Personal Fear. As such, they are generally mistrusted by Nomads and Bearers alike.

General Templates

Key:
* = Bearer-Only question
# = Servant-Only question

Name:
Faction:
* Personal Fear:
# Servant of:
Favorite Fear(s):
* Afraid Of:
Personality:
Any Special Skills/Abilities? :
Backstory:

Personal Fear Template (Nomads and Servants do not need to do this):

Name of Personal Fear:
Personal Fear Type:
Name of Bearer:
Relationship With Bearer:
Personality:
General Appearance:
Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat?:
Backstory:

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 09:41 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Quick question (since I couldn't post it in the other topic), would it be possible to merge Fears together for our personal Fears? Like say, for example, a Slenderman that is constantly surrounded by millions of pitch-black spiders? Or would that delve too much into Intrusion territory, and should just be put separate?

Also... I don't know if I want to be a Servant or a Bearer.... Hmmm.....

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 02:15 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

You can merge Fears to make your Personal Fear all you like. smile.gif You can also combine multiple aspects of other Fears to create something unique. So a Slenderman that has a bunch of spiders around him or on him constantly is fine. But for the sake of keeping things simple I am limiting this to JUST Fears, no Fear Candidates or Afflicted.

My own character sheet:

Name: Willow "Shadows" Withers
Faction: Bearer
Personal Fear: Evergreen, Slendertype
Favorite Fear(s): Plague Doctor, the Rake, Slenderman, Blind Man.
Afraid Of: The unknown, being followed/tracked, wasps/hornets, going mad/losing memories, failure.
Personality: Generally pretty laid back in her leisure, but very serious when the time calls for it. A determined go-getter in all that she does.
Any Special Skills/Abilities? : Has a telepathic link with her Personal Fear she can use to speak to or contact him, fairly skilled in stealth, and good at puzzles/riddles.
Backstory: Willow, although she prefers to go by Shadows, was very young at the time of the Fear War, and unfortunately was also very young when she was personally affected by it. Her parents, both Runners at the time, were killed in an attack by the Intrusion, leaving her with deep-rooted anxiety issues and a lifelong phobia of insects. She was very nearly killed herself in the attack, although she managed to survive by hiding in the undergrowth of the forest nearby. It was during this time she began feeling very frightened, as though watched, without comprehending quite why, and with the Intrusion swarming around her former campsite searching for her, she wasn't about to question it. As she watched, something scared off the insects, then started searching for her before turning to look at her hiding place expectantly. Its deep voice echoed in her mind - ///Come here, child, I do not mean harm./// - and despite her nervousness, she had no fear, and walked towards it. It was a very odd scene, something so tall staring down at someone so very small, vine-like appendages wavering curiously around it. The young girl, of course, had never seen such a being before, and couldn't place why she was so frightened of, and intrigued by, it. She only knew it had saved her life, and the being, which came to be known as Evergreen, has not left her side since.

Name of Personal Fear: Evergreen
Personal Fear Type: Slendertype (pretty obvious here, looks like Slenderman)
Name of Bearer: Willow 'Shadows' Withers
Relationship With Bearer: Mostly equal, but also somewhat like a surrogate parent.
Personality: Serious for the most part, with a keen eye for detail - well, if it had any eyes, at least. Quite protective towards Willow, and generally pretty patient with her, although it has no patience for beings that waste its time. It tends to think in terms of strategy and logic, and can be quite calculating.
General Appearance: Stands roughly 8 feet tall on average, but can be taller if it wishes. Appears most frequently as an inhumanly thin, black-colored figure with markings looking somewhat like a suit and tie ensemble (although this is really just what its skin happens to look like and not an actual suit), with four very long and dextrous fingers per hand instead of five. Its skin is somewhat like birch bark in texture (papery-feeling and smooth), and pale on the head and hands. It generally has about 2-3 pairs of black, vinelike, branchable tendrils extending from the back, which feel like wet, mossy, woody vines. These tendrils can be used as a means of gauging its emotional state as well as being used for tools, extra legs for quicker movement over terrain, anchors in extreme weather conditions, and for weapons amongst some of their myriad uses.
Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat?: As would be expected of a Slendertype, it is an excellent tracker and quite good at camouflaging itself as a tree if the need arises, as well as the obvious teleportation and mental manipulation abilities common to this type of Personal Fear. It is also a fearsome ally in combat, as its tendrils can easily move quick enough to 'snap' at the tip like a whip would (meaning they easily have enough force to smash things and break bones) and are extremely sharp. Usually the tendrils, as weapons, are used as spears or whips. It speaks to Willow through a telepathic connection born of strong trust.
Backstory: Evergreen is a being born of Willow's lack of an authority figure in her life (after the loss of her parents) and her anxiety about the unknown. At first Willow was, as with most new Bearers, quite uneasy around Evergreen, seeing it as somewhat of a threat despite its saving her life. Due to Willow's young age at the time, however, she easily learned to deal with her fears about the unpredictability of life after the Fear War and slowly grew accustomed to Evergreen's constant presence, coming to see it as an ally and a friend. Evergreen itself, however, seems to see Willow as vulnerable and needing protection, and tends to use pet names for her as a result. It is not uncommon to see Evergreen carrying Willow on its back as it moves on its multiple tendrils, or for it to notice things before Willow herself does. It does not outright take anything at face value and prefers to think and observe before acting, unless there is an obvious need for immediate intervention.

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 05:15 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Meh, decided to keep them separate anyway. So, here goes:

*Name: Brahian (last name optional) though he sometimes goes by Afterwards.
*Personal Fear: Convotype, Slendertype, and Intrutype.
*Favorite Fear(s): http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/SlendyTendrilsAni.gif
*Afraid Of: "I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of falling.
I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's in it.
I'm totally afraid of spiders though."
*Personality: Oh, how to begin? He doesn't talk much, in class he is usually the guy sitting in the back reading a book or listening to music. He loves his music. And his books. And his Birds.
Tends to treat everyone the same, which varies depending on his mood. When angry he is a jerk to everyone, when happy he is eccentric and friendly, when sad he refuses to talk. The only exception is his Birds. He is always kind and loving to his Birds.
Definitely not a morning person; Night is his preferred time of residence, despite his late fear of the dark what's in it.
*Any Special Skills/Abilities? He can control the Thunderbirds. Though they no longer Nest inside him, he still has a very strong emphatic connection to them. His Birds are his everything; their pain hurts him, and vice versa.
*Backstory: Brah grew up in a family of Nomads. However, he wasn't made out like most of them were. He was weak, and naive, and most of all, frightened. The second he began to be chased by a Personal Fear (well three of them, actually) they left him behind to fend for himself. The Birds and the Spiders fought for him while the Creep watched from afar. Eventually the Birds won, and Nested within him. The Birds became very territorial and protected him from anything that would cause him harm. Brah saw the trouble they went through to protect him and grew to love them. When the fear disappeared, he discovered he could tell them what to do, and forced them out of his body. Though he is still hollow inside, they have no control over him. However, he still holds some small amount of fear for them; it's hard to forget those first traumatizing moments. However, it refuses to eclipse his love, as he has grown dependent on them and thinks of them as family.

*Name of Personal Fear: They have no name, but he calls them his Thunderbirds, or just Birds for short.
*Personal Fear Type: Convotype
*Name of Bearer: Brahian
*Relationship With Bearer: He loves them more than any thing, though they unfortunately don't love him quite as much.
*Personality: The Birds are cold, calculating, constantly watching Brah's every move. However, they also act loyal to him, at least until they find the chance to finally strike...
*General Appearance: Crows and ravens. Lots and lots of 'em. Their eyes gleam intelligently, and their beaks gleam menacingly. It also seems as though they are constantly molting; they leave a trail of pitch-black feathers everywhere they go.
*Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat? They have sharp claws and strong beaks. They can also control storms; sending bolts of lighting from the heavens and clouds of darkness covering the skies. If there is enough of them, they can also turn into clouds, and vice versa.
*Backstory: The Thunderbirds were born from Brah's fear of heights falling. The minute they marked him as theirs, they were sure they had him. And yet, the inexplicable happened: His love forced them out. Since then, they have been trying to get back inside, to make him theirs once more. The Birds hate him with every ounce of their being, but they won't let him know that. They plan to turn his love into fear once more, and one day, they will do it...

*Name of Personal Fear: It has no name, though he calls it the Creepy Guy Standing in the Background, or just Creepy Guy for short, or if he's especially lazy, just Creep.
*Personal Fear Type: Slendertype
*Relationship With Bearer: Hostile. Brah thought he'd gotten over his initial fear of it, and yet the creature continues to haunt him. It watches him constantly, almost never out of his sight. However, it never commits any physical harm to him; preferring instead to haunt his dreams.
*Personality: Extremely smart and manipulative. It comes up with the most interesting ways to get what it wants, though it unknown by anyone exactly what it is that it wants.
*General Appearance: Tall, thin, faceless. It appears to wear a black suit with a red tie. While it rarely shows up with tendrils, whenever it does it always has exactly eight.
*Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat? Its only known abilities are manipulating shadows and teleportation, though presumably it also has other abilities common to Slendertypes.
*Backstory: The Creepy Guy was born from Brah's fear of the dark what's in it. Due to Brah's many, many fears, it knew that it would never be able to get him directly. However the Creep always likes to think outside the box. It stands in the background always, reminding Brah that he is never alone, and when he falls asleep the creature enters his dreams and haunts him there. Brah still hasn't figured out how to get rid of it, even after telling himself over and over that he is no longer afraid.

*Name of Personal Fear: Still no name, but he calls them the Demonic Spiders, or just Spiders for short
*Personal Fear Type: Intrutype
*Relationship With Bearer: Well... You guys should know this one.
*Personality: None. They are mindless arthropods whose only ambitions are to eat and to kill.
*General Appearance: Spiders. Loads and loads of 'em. Tarantulas, Widows, Recluses, every single spider imaginable, with only one thing in common: They are always pitch black.
*Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat? Not really. They crawl and they crawl, and they eat. They spin webs, they spew venom, and some of them can even jump. The only thing that makes them special is that they follow him. Everywhere.
*Backstory: Not much of one. Initially they fought against the Birds for control of Brahian, but when the Birds won, they didn't give up. Because of the thoughts that the Birds are constantly feeding him, Brah will never get over his fear of the Spiders, and both of them like it that way. They still wish to enter him, to feed on his flesh and to destroy him from the inside. After all, the Birds have already helped them with that.

So uh. Yeah. Here is my guy. *hopes he is accepted*

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 05:28 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Hey, you don't need my permission really. Accepted of course.

The only time I will outright NOT accept a character is if the character breaks the rules - that is, they have more than three Personal Fears if they are a Bearer, would be godmodding, or have abilities that are too strong. "Too strong" in this case means "Would be able to fight off a non-Personal Fear single-handedly."

Also, as Brah demonstrated above, your Personal Fear(s) might not necessarily be friendly towards you. It depends on how you want to tell your part of the story, and how horrific you want your character's backstory to be.

Darkyellowz
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 07:37 PM

High School Level Despair Team

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

Name: Kindle 'On-fire' Candle
Personal Fear: Ellen
Favorite Fear: Wooden Girl
Afraid Of: Big crowds
Personality: Can be random and lovable, but a dick at times. But is very well mannered around Ellen.
Any Special Skills/Abilities? : None that is known to him.
Backstory: An abnormal kid, living an abnormal life, on an abnormal road, in an abnormal house. He lived with the death of millions, fire as his knowledge. One would say he was a war victim, thrown away to come uncharted by others. His only friend being the floating doll that follows him around, as was since early days. His name wasn't always as it was. Once a normal name, became a name twisted by others. CandleCoveCandleCoveCandleCoveCandleCoveCandleCoveCandleCove.

Name of Personal Fear: Ellen
Personal Fear Type: Wooden Girl type
Name of Bearer: Kindle 'On-fire' Candle
Relationship With Bearer: Mother-like, but if has to, can be sadistic and punish to extreme lengths.
Personality: A kind and loving mother doll.
General Appearance: An averaged sized mother doll, that stands tall as one. (Refer to Lily from Katawa Shoujo for complete size.) Hair short, yellow with black lines. Clothing changes from time, depending on the day.
Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat?: Seems to form a knife out of her dresses to attack her enemies.
Backstory: A tall doll sat in the cellar of a forgotten English Man's house. Never to be seen by the light of man. Until the day a young boy came exploring, looking for a world to escape to. They met, in horror. They became closer to each other as the years went by. Ellen grew more attached to this young boy, becoming more of a mother figure towards him. Though her sadistic urges grew more cruel and cold as the years dragged on.

Cecilia wore a shirt that day, which said "Fuck me. Hard." Though. Nobody really thought much of it, and she remained a virgin. THE END.

Snippits
Pandora
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 08:10 PM

Frightened

Group Icon

Member No.: 23

Name: Jae
* Personal Fear: MotherType, UnnamedType
Favorite Fear(s): Mother of Snakes, Wooden Girl
* Afraid Of: Herself, her actions, being worthless, loss of loved ones.
Personality: Rather upbeat for the most part, hiding her inner sadness that tends to burst out at random intervals.
Any Special Skills/Abilities?: Good at deduction, great memory
Backstory:
Jae grew up in a small town, that after her 6th birthday was attacked by some of the fears, killing several people. She didn't even manage to find out if her family was safe as they had gone for the day to work and she was left for a while at home with the nanny, who was killed in the onslaught.
After debating that perhaps different actions would've saved the nanny and possibly the family she grew into sort of a fit of selfhatred, which her personal fears came from.

Name of Personal Fear: Vosp
Personal Fear Type:MotherOfSnakesType
Name of Bearer: Jae
Relationship With Bearer: sister-like
Personality: rather manipulative, stubborn, but has a soft spot for Jae.
General Appearance: Lamia
Backstory: Vosp was born from the selfhatred that occured to Jae after the incident and right off the bat, became sort of a pseudo-family for her.

Name of Personal Fear: Hild
Personal Fear Type: UnnamedChildType
Name of Bearer: Jae
Relationship With Bearer: not that much of a relationship, they don't talk all that much.
Personality: Is rather shy and resents getting close to people although it tends to be fond of Vosp at times in a friendly manner.
General Appearance: Has brown hair, small stature, looks between the age of 10-13 and tends to have a sad-ish look on her face quite often.
Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat?: Sorrow's Child Tears, where she cries loudly, causing distress.
Backstory: Hild was of course born out of the loss of her nanny and possibly her entire family. It started to just following her shortly before Vosp came to be and not thinking much of it, thinking it was just another child, Jae took her on as a travel companion until Hild revealed herself as a PF while saving Jae one time.
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 09:25 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Guys, we now have four people (counting myself), and the RP can start. If you'd still like to join, I'd encourage you to. May the posting commence! ^w^

ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 10:58 AM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Name: Diego Arrancaba
Personal Fear: Clotho (Vision-Type), Kronus (Archangel-Type)
Favorite Fear: Cold Boy
Afraid Of: Inevitable Futures, Death, Beyond Death
Personality: Philosophical, wary of most everyone else, trying to find ways to change the future.
Special Skills: Camouflage, contortion, speaking with Clotho gives him vague descriptions of the near future.
Backstory: Diego lived on the south side of Mexico City. After his father, a local police officer, had a run-in with the Mexican drug cartel known as "Los Zetas", he was forced to be homeless. He was originally stalked by a Cold Boy-like figure in raingear called Crying Zane. Crying Zane, however, drove Diego back into the world and Crying Zane was eventually killed- the details of the event are unclear. Diego's mourning of the loss of his father brought him to resent the idea of death, and reminded him of his own personal mortality that scared him so much that two new Fears were created soon after Zane was killed.

Personal Fear: Clotho
Personal Fear Type: VisionType
Name of Bearer: Diego
Relationship With Bearer: Motherly, protective
Personality: Speaks in vague messages, completely protective of those who she believes are worth her time and spiteful or wary of others. She interacts more with the human world than Diego's other personal Fear.
General Appearance: Cloaked woman wrapped in medallions and other artifacts and bracelets. She holds a shining ball of crystal in her left hand always.
Backstory: Clotho was born out of Diego's fears of the inescapable which could lead to his death.

Personal Fear: Kronus
Personal Fear Type: ArchangelType
Name of Bearer: Diego
Relationship With Bearer: Spiteful, resentful
Personality: Hates all humankind and Fearkind alike. Extremely narcissistic and thinks he is the incarnation of one of the forces behind the universe. Doesn't spend enough time around humanity or other Fears as he thinks it's beneath him. Believes that if he dies, he will simply go back to ruling the afterlife.
General Appearance: Generally as a dark purple haze around Diego; sometimes he appears as Asmodeus.
Backstory: Kronos was born out of the death of Diego's original Fear, and his resentment at the death of his father, around the time he began to question the idea of death and the beyond. Instead of receiving a DyingManType shard, he received an ArchangelType.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
SlendyGirl
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 04:59 PM

New Blood

Member No.: 25

Name: Rieu
* Personal Fear: DyingType
Favorite Fear(s): Slenderman
* Afraid Of: Death
Personality: Rather quiet, shy, keeps to herself most of the time except when she talks to her PF
Any Special Skills/Abilities?: quasi-immortality, dies if her personal fear dies.
Backstory: Rieu was a farmer's daughter before she was attacked by a mugger, unwilling to give him her father's cash the mugger stabbed her, killing her. Fortunatly Ghast, came to existence a bit earlier, instantly resurrecting her, unbeknownst to the mugger. Since she has left her family, thinking they would not accept her or call her a hellspawn.

Name of Personal Fear: Ghast
Personal Fear Type: DyingType
Name of Bearer: Rieu
Relationship With Bearer: really close friends
Personality: She is kind of childish and sassy.
General Appearance: Appears as a floating skull surrounded in green flames.
Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat?: Death Sensation - makes the target feel like they are either dying or are dead, slowing them down.
Bravo
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 07:38 PM

Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu

Member No.: 19

Name: Echo (Not his real name; he left that behind long ago.)
Personal Fear: DogType; ColdType. Seems to be working towards a SnakeType.
Favorite Fear(s): Why would he like a Fear?
Afraid Of: His own apathy, mostly. But it's unlikely he'll actually deal with that. Because apathy.
Personality: A loner. He prefers being alone with his Dog to the company of other humans, but he can fake social skills when he needs to. At least for brief periods.
Special Skills/Abilities: Lock picking, pick pocketing, some skill in parkour/climbing, a mean throwing arm, and he's pretty proficient with a knife. He can also pull a swell short con, if his Doggy stays hidden. His bond with his ColdType numbs him to most pain and allows him to chill/freeze objects he touches. With the help of his DogType he can move in perfect silence and go unnoticed to all but those keeping a most vigilant watch. He can also regrow lost body parts if his DogType consumes sufficient matter (preferably human meat) but this is excruciatingly painful for Echo.
Appearance: Lean and lanky. Roughly six feet tall. Long-ish hair that's usually brown, but could be considered dirty blond when Echo finds the means to wash it. Ice-blue eyes. He'll usually be wearing a jacket or sweatshirt with a hood and some manner of pants. Sneakers or skate shoes on his feet. Fingerless gloves on his hands.
Backstory: Echo's first Personal Fear manifested when he was very very young. So young, in fact, that Echo does not remember a time before he had his Black Dog Hieronymous. He also doesn't remember the exact cause for his Black Dog's manifestation.

Echo had been a fairly timid child, afraid to put himself out there, to show his true self in case others rejected him for it. And so he put on facades in almost every interaction. And once his Black Dog appeared, things only got worse. After the Fear War, everybody knew what the Black Dog represented, and so someone with a personal Dog must be untrustworthy. They must be a liar. They must be hiding something.
Echo became a scapegoat within the community for so many wrongs that he did not do. Even though his parents tried to shield him, he could see in their eyes that they judged him too.
Eventually, Echo set out with Hiero, leaving his old life behind. But the world outside his home was not much kinder. Everywhere he went, people knew what a Black Dog meant, and they judged him as untrustworthy. Eventually, Echo would learn to embrace this; if people would not believe him, if they would judge him before knowing him, then he would present nothing but falsehoods. At every town he told a different story of his past.

This disconnect between Echo and all other humans cause his second Personal Fear to start manifesting: a ColdType. After a while, though before it was fully manifested, Echo confronted his Fear and accepted it as an inherent part of his life. The ColdType became a part of him then.

Eventually, Echo came upon a walled city and decided to settle in, at least for a little. His short hard life had taught him many skills that would come in useful for survival in a city where nobody trusted him.

Personal Fears

Name of Personal Fear: Hieronymous (Hiero for short)
Personal Fear Type: Black Dog
Name of Bearer: Echo, who else?
Relationship With Bearer: He's like an older brother forced to play the role of father.
Personality: As per the above, Hiero is protective of Echo, but does not coddle. He will display tough love and push Echo out of his comfort zone if he thinks it is for the best. He never speaks, but Echo can interpret what he means, even without looking.
General Appearance: Hiero has four main forms. He usually looks like a large black husky with red eyes. When fighting, he grows to look like a large wolf. When he needs to be hidden, he can shrink to become a puppy. And he can also appear as shapeless black smoke.
Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat?: He can become smoke and wreath Echo to allow him to go unnoticed. He can become a giant wolf to fight. If Echo becomes injured, Hiero can consume animal tissue (preferably human) to heal him.
Backstory: Manifesting early in Echo's life, Hiero has been by his side ever since. Though his very existence is what caused much of Echo's hardship, Echo bears no ill will towards his Dog.

Name of Personal Fear: Never named.
Personal Fear Type: Cold Boy
Name of Bearer: Again, it's obviously Echo.
Relationship With Bearer: Echo has completely accepted and internalized his ColdType.
Personality: None, since he is a part of Echo now.
General Appearance: Because of him, Echo's eyes are ice-blue.
Any signature or special abilities/skills in combat?: Echo can freeze what he touches, feels minimal pain, and can survive freezing temperatures because of the ColdType inside of him.
Backstory: After exiling himself from his family, Echo wandered alone. At first he dreaded the thought of being alone, which caused his ColdType Fear to begin manifesting. However, Echo came to a realization: as long as he had Hiero, he would always be alone and never be alone. His realization and, more importantly, his acceptance of this drew his personal Cold Boy into himself. From that day on, Echo's eyes were a brilliant blue.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY