Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

Discussion Thread, AKA Your Personal Datalog
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 11:02 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Alright, so, here is where we discuss the game, and you can bring me your complaints here. Suggestions about the battle system or the level up system (because I'm still working out the kinks, seeing as one of these guys is ridiculously overpowered thanks to the combination of stat bonuses and abilities I gave him (Yeah, I'm lookin at you, Ringo)) or any of the other systems would be great. Also maybe some suggestions of what you want to see in the future? Or just overall questions, if you don't understand something that you feel you should, bring it on over here.

So, once I put up the poll for the next forum game, I'll put the character sheets over here so you guys don't have to go [VIEW CURRENT STATS] at the beginning of every battle.

But before I do that, I'll probably write a summary as well (I'll also write a very abridged summary at the beginning of each game thread, so you have some idea what's going on without having to read some big fat wall of text)

So, yeah. Here goes!

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 01:02 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Character Sheets (but not bios, those come later):

BEN DOVER, THE HERO
WEAPON: SCIMITAR
HP: 40/40
SP/MP: 15/15
ATTACK: 4
MAGIC: N/A
DEFENSE: N/A
ABILITIES: ATTACK (you hit the enemy with your sword)
SKYWARD STRIKE (sends enemies flying through the air, usable on multiple targets, costs 1 SP)
FALCON PUNCH (an attack that is far more awesome than practical, costs all your remaining SP)
CHARGE (next attack deals triple damage, costs 2 SP)

JOHN JOHNNY JOHNSON, THE LANCER(?)
WEAPON: ?????
HP: N/A
SP/MP: N/A
ATTACK: N/A
ABILITIES: N/A
THIS GUY IS SO DEAD. DEADER THAN DEAD. LIKE SRSLY.

THEODORE ELFRED, THE SMART GUY
WEAPON: BOW AND ARROW, ROLEPLAY DICE
HP: 25/25
ATTACK: 3
MAGIC: 4
ABILITIES: ATTACK (shoots an arrow at a target)
JUDO KICK (sends enemies backwards, deals heavy damage, costs 2 SP)
RANDOM NUMBER BLESSING (roll dice. if favorable outcome, one target gets boosted Attack, Magic, and Defense, costs ? MP)
TRIPLE SHOT (Shoots three arrows at a time, costs 2 SP)

RINGO, THE TOUGH GUY
WEAPON: HAMMER
HP: 40/40
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 2
ABILITIES: ATTACK (slam hammer down on foes)
FLYING FISTS OF FURY (deals multiple attacks to multiple targets, costs 3 SP)
PROVOKE (enemies target only him, mostly, costs 1 SP)
SHIELD (doubles Defense for two turns, costs 2 SP)

KESHA, THE CHICK
WEAPON: N/A
HP: 25/25
ATTACK: N/A
MAGIC: 6
ABILITIES: RUIN (sends a blast of magic at foes)
CURE (heals a target, costs 3 MP)
ESUNA (removes a status effect from a target, costs 1 MP)
REGEN (refills a target's SP/MP, costs 5 MP)

These are everyone's current stats and abilities at Level 4 (of course, you won't have these in the prequel, so sucks for you! >:D). I'll update this post each time you level up (which, so far, has been after every battle due to, once again, my crappy levelling system). So yeah. Character descriptions are up next! biggrin.gif

Ragnarok
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 01:57 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

I. Ben Dover
The Hero of the story, Ben is a strange character. He suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder and short-term memory loss. Ben jumped at the chance to go on his adventure, and when he was swept off to cat planet, little complaint was heard from him. And while he may be a bit of a jerk sometimes, Ben is overall a good leader and always leads his team into battle with confidence and grace. When the world seems hopeless, Ben will always keep a light of hope and lead the way to victory.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: I dunno. You're Ben. What do you want him to look like? (this is a serious question guys, once I release the concept art, I need Ben to look like SOMETHING. So yeah. Tell me your ideas.)

II. John Johnny Johnson
Not much is known about Johnny, except that he used to be Ben's Lancer and then fell into a pit and burned/drowned in a vat of boiling Kool-Aid. While Johnny didn't live for very long, he lived a full life, for joining Ben in his adventure was the best experience he ever had. Or at least, Ben likes to think it was...
QUOTE (Physical Description)
The young man has brown hair and like a blue shirt or something. He is the absolute epitome of normal. Or at least, he would be, if he weren't lying on the ground, dead, with severe burns all over his body.

III. Theodore Elfred
The Smart Guy of the group, Elfred has the answer to (almost) every question Ben can think of. His knowledge of paranormal lore is ever expanding, and in fact, Elfred is often wondering why Herald (see VI) is even there if Elfred could just explain most of the same stuff he does. Nevertheless, Elfred is still a valuable addition to the team, and Ben wouldn't know where he is without him.
As if on cue, a very tall, thin man walks over and sits across from Ringo. You notice his pointy ears, his very strange clothing, and his luscious, flowing white-blond hair. [...] His accent is English.

IV. Ringo
Ringo is the Tough Guy, he can lift heavy things and block powerful attacks. His Flying Fists of Fury are really a sight to be seen. Yes, without Ringo, Ben and his team would be nowhere. While he doesn't talk much, he always has the right thing to say, and he might well be the best friend anyone could have. He and Elfred met before the events of TAOINH, and have traveled together ever since.
You find the guy. His moustache is the biggest, most badass of them all. He is wearing bright red. [...] "Of course!" he says. He speaks with an Italian accent.

V. Kesha (spell it with an S)
Kesha is the only Chick in the group, and she plays the role nicely. Kesha was the most beautiful woman in her hometown, but for some reason, she refuses to remove the hood from her head. Why would that be? What could possibly be on her head that she wants no one else to see it? Could it be the source of her magical powers? Or could it be something more... Sinister?
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: The only description there is is that she's very extremely beautiful. So uh, imagine the most beautiful girl ever and multiply that by a hundred and you have your Kesha.

VI. Herald of Adventure
This mysterious figure Heralds Ben through his adventure, providing helpful bits of information whenever he feels Ben needs them. Ben knows everything of what he does about dimensional travel thanks to Herald, and in fact Herald is the one who told Ben to go on his journey in the first place. Thanks to Herald, Ben wouldn't even know all the great friends he has today.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Herald never shows himself, choosing rather to communicate with Ben through an old-fashioned telephone. You know, the kind you have to spin the numbers to call someone.

VII. Splendor Man
Splendor Man is Ben's Pet, who was with him for the beginning of the adventure. In his first life, Splendor was a sheep, but when Ben died and came back to life, Splendor was there as a camel. How is it that this being is able to change forms with each of Ben's new life? For that matter, how is it that Ben was able to come back to life after dying? Perhaps these questions and more will be answered... Soon...
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: A sheep and/or a camel. It doesn't get more descriptive than that.

VIII. An Extra
An is An Extra, and in fact shouldn't be on this list as she is hardly even a character and shouldn't even have a name at all.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: She is one of the many cats of cat planet. That is all.

IX. The Random Number God
This mysterious figure wears a dark hood which conceals its face, and floats above the ground rather than standing. It appears before Ben at random times asking him to roll dice in order to determine his fate. Not much else is known about The Random Number God, as it never stays for long. Why is it so interested in Ben? Where does it come from? What is its secret?
You are approached by a mysterious figure. It uses a long coat with a hood to conceal its face. The figure presents itself as the Random Number God. The Random Number God demands that you roll a 1d6[...]

X. ?????
Ben's one goal is to find the love of his life, a cat furry, and have her join him on his quest. However... He has never met this furry before, and is in fact uncertain if she even exists. But he is determined to find her anyway.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Why would she have one? We don't even know if she exists!

Ragnarok
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 3 2013, 02:19 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Plot synopsis:

Ben was never born. He simply opened his eyes one day and existed. It is unknown how or why he came into being: He just did.

Ben's first life was uneventful. His weapon of choice was panties, and he soon choked to death on them before beginning his next life.

Now, this life was interesting. In Ben's oh-so-interesting second life, he was a travelling merchant who sold goods to all sorts of cities. However, as he stopped to sell things in the city known as Agrabah, he was contacted by a mysterious person named Herald...

Herald told Ben that he had been invited to travel across the multiverse on the adventure of his lifetime. On one condition: He had to assemble a team of five to join him on his journey.

And so he did: Kesha, the Chick; Ringo, the Tough Guy; Elfred, the Smart Guy, and Johnny, the Lancer(?). Together, they set off on a wonderful journey to the world known as cat planet.

However, it's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye. While they were exploring the underground jungle, Ben "accidentally" pushed Johnny into a lava pit and calmly walked away as if nothing had happened. And thus, Ben and co continued to explore the factory, the lava caves, and eventually... The Disk One Final Dungeon.

In here, Ben and co. discovered that an ancient Darkness had begun to attack cat planet, corrupting it from the inside. Crows littered the area, but Ben and co. laid waste to them once Herald taught them how to fight.

It was when they got to the end of the dungeon when things got really nasty. Floating in the center of the cave, Ben and his friends found a creature so horrible, it could barely be called a crow. After a long and arduous battle, and a little help from RNG, our heroes defeated the monster and saved cat planet.

But there was one plot twist left in the GM's sleeve. Ben discovered that the crow monster had been guarding a door, and upon opening it, found the remains of the man he had killed.

To be continued...

Ragnarok
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY