help | search | members | calendar


Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  




Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

 The Origins of [Insert Name Here], You get your prequel.
SoulEatingBunny
 Posted: Aug 5 2013, 01:03 PM

The Father of the Willow.

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 102
Member No.: 6
Joined: 7-May 13




Shoot three arrows again. If they miss, run. Run away.

Dice Roll: 1d6: 4 = 4


___________________________________________________

user posted image
Main YouTube
Gimble And Gyre
Corvidaek
FluffyBunny0x0
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 5 2013, 01:23 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




You don't even get the chance. As soon as the first arrow connects, the beast begins to pulse with a dark black aura. It turns its head to the sky and roars, and you see the air rippling around it. You and your team are paralyzed in fear as it looks down on your with those glowing red eyes.

"You puny elves," it mutters, though it has no lips with which to form words. "You really think you have a chance against me? All elves are good for is dying!"

With that it pounds a single enormous fist into the ground, sending a shock wave which throws you backwards. You fall to the ground, out of breath, and look up as it lumbers towards you.

And then, all of a sudden, time stops. Before you appears the glowing image of a beautiful elf.

The figure presents itself as the Random Number God.

"Is this is?" you ask the God. "Is this what you wanted? For us to die?"

The Random Number God shakes its head. "Here is not the place," it says. "Now is not the time."

"So then," you reply, "Why are we here, at the hands of this beast, with you standing before me?"

The God says nothing. It reaches its hand towards you and gives you a silver 8-sided die. And with that, it disappears.


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
Tigerhallam
 Posted: Aug 5 2013, 01:33 PM

Frightened

*

Group: Members
Posts: 14
Member No.: 12
Joined: 1-June 13




(What do we do? Dice Roll: 1d8 : 3 = 3 ? I don't often play this type of game, sorry.)
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 5 2013, 01:45 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




(Iscool. Yeah, whenever RNG hands you a die, you do the [roll][/roll] thing.)

Suddenly, the world falls apart around you, everything turning into clusters of ones and zeroes. Your teammates get up and observe their surroundings.

"Where are we?" wonders Sinfur. He gets no answer, of course, as none of you know where you are either.

However, the numbers quickly begin to cluster together once more, forming familiar landscapes and terrain.

You know where you are now; you have been here a few times before. This is Vanaheimr, home of the Vanir. Their kind and yours have been allies with each other since the beginning of time.

What do you do?


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
Tigerhallam
 Posted: Aug 5 2013, 01:48 PM

Frightened

*

Group: Members
Posts: 14
Member No.: 12
Joined: 1-June 13




Well, a Vanr is said to be able to see the future, right? So if we tread carefully they might be able to help us. See if we can find one who looks in a good mood.
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 5 2013, 02:31 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




You and your team walk into the Vanir village, looking around for someone to help you. As you walk along the busy streets, you hear the townspeople whispering amongst each other, and a sense of foreboding fills you.

"Looks like something's got the townspeople all worked up," noted Shine. "What do you think happened?"

"I'm not sure," says Elsha, "But whatever it is, it can't be good. If these guys can see the future, anything that's got them this worried has got to be really bad."

"Do you think it has to do with that monster we fought before we ended up here?" asks Sinfur.

"How did we end up here, anyway?" wonders Tyjar.

"The Random Number God," you explain. "It appeared before me. It brought us here."

"So that means it must want us to do something here," says Cael. "So, are we gonna ask them what's up, or not?"

You nod and walk up to one of the Vanir, unsure of what to say.

Please roll a 1D4.


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
Tigerhallam
 Posted: Aug 5 2013, 02:33 PM

Frightened

*

Group: Members
Posts: 14
Member No.: 12
Joined: 1-June 13




Dice Roll: 1d4 : 2 = 2
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 5 2013, 03:03 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




You tap the woman on the shoulder to get her attention, but as she turns to you, you realize she is not a Vanir.

No, this woman is a Jötunn, a shapeshifting giantess from the land of Jötunheimr. But no, this isn't just any Jötunn. This is Skaði, supposed goddess of snow, skiing, and the hunt.

"Oh, Skaði," you say, suddenly nervous. "What brings you here to Vanaheimr?"

"I could ask the same about you," she replies. "Aren't elves supposed to be all holed up in their little world, living away from everyone else as they wallow in their own pretentiousness?"

And the Jötunn wonder why others don't like them.

"Okay, listen, giantess," says Cael, "We didn't come here on our own. Some random monster has invaded our world, and the Random Number God brought us here to save us from it. Now we need someone to-"

Skaði begins laughing. "Oh, how pathetic. You really want me to believe your random number god brought you here? What kind of god even is that? You elves and your strange beliefs. Okay, tell me, what really happened?"

"That is what happened," says Elsha. "And I don't like your tone. Like you have the right to call yourself a goddess."

At this the smile is wiped from Skaði's face. "I never called myself a goddess," she mutters, and you can just barely hear her. "They killed my father, and then they made me marry that old fool Njörðr. I never wanted to be a goddess, they did!

But no, I will be the one to have the last laugh. Soon, as my kind Vanir allies have told me, my beloved husband will return. And I'll make sure to be here with a little..." Here she slowly pulls a large knife out of a sheath hanging from her belt, "Surprise."

What do you do?


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
KingFisher
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 02:37 AM

Haunted

*

Group: Members
Posts: 161
Member No.: 14
Joined: 11-June 13




Curious why she wants to kill her husband, other then the obvious dislike of him, I'd find out more about her situation...maybe she just needs someone to talk to


Faith in chaos
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 02:48 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




"Whoa there, lady," you say, "No need to kill anyone. I mean the guy can't be that bad, right?"

"Except he is that bad!" complains Skaði. "He is old, and smelly, and never home. I'm constantly receiving word of his drunken escapades and his wild parties, while I'm stuck here, doing what? I have no business in this world, but because I am married to him, I am trapped here forever. What else am I supposed to do? It was prophesied that he would never come home until the end of the world, meaning that even if I do kill him now, I'll only have a year of freedom, tops! Do you know what it's like, living your whole life, knowing that? All I want to do is see my family again. My mom, my dad, my brothers and sisters..."

Suddenly, Skaði, the ice cold queen of snow, falls to the ground, hugging her knees, tears melting the ice-cold skin on her cheek.

"What if they don't even remember me?" she cries. "What if, after all these millennia, they've forgotten I existed, and then I'll be all alone in the worlds..."

This sudden outburst of pain and sadness comes so unexpectedly, you and your team are at a loss for words. How do you comfort a shapeshifting giantess that could kill you at the flick of a finger?

Regardless, you decide you should do something. But the question is... What?


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
KingFisher
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 02:54 AM

Haunted

*

Group: Members
Posts: 161
Member No.: 14
Joined: 11-June 13




"hmmm, that does seem like a good reason to kill him" Elfred admits, "but you'll never accomplish it if you're stuck waiting around here for someone who is destined to not show!"

"...but what can I do?" she asks dismayed

"Come with us, we'll help you find him!"

"...you'd do that?" she asks, a smile creeping across her face as she finally realizes there is hope.

"of course" Elfred says, taking her hand and helping Skaði to her feet, "lets go find and kill your husband together"

"of thank you for helping me" she exclaims,

Elfred blushes, "I'm a hero, it's what I do"


Faith in chaos
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 03:04 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




"There's just one problem," pipes up Tyjar, "There's already six of us. That's, like, the max amount of people you can have on a team."

"Right," you mutter, extremely upset that you can't bring Skaði on the trip with you. However...

"Let's get rid of Shine," suggests Cael, seemingly having the same idea as you.

"Hey!" exclaims Shine. "That is not cool!"

"No need," says Skaði. "I can't go anyway. My marriage to him keeps me in this world, remember? I can't leave until he's either dead, or we file a divorce, and we all know that's not gonna happen. So, feel free to go. I was just waiting for him to come along anyway."

"Are you sure?" you ask. "And there isn't anything we can do?"

"You can bring him to me," says Skaði with a smile. "I'll take care of the rest."

What do you do?


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
KingFisher
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 03:08 AM

Haunted

*

Group: Members
Posts: 161
Member No.: 14
Joined: 11-June 13




The plan seems solid, and you agree to bring him there.

Asking where you can find him, along with any other advice she can offer, you begin to make a plan...little does she know, however, your plan is not to bring him there but to kill him yourself in her name.

From this moment on, you are Elfred the Godslayer...or at least you'll try to be, though you have no idea where to begin this epic quest.


you feel you must though, for her honor (also to get into her giant pants).


Faith in chaos
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 03:18 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




"So, where should we start looking?" you ask.

"Well, he's the King of the Ocean," says Skaði. "So, I would suggest searching an ocean. He's very good friends with the Æsir, so maybe you should ask one of them."

You cringe at the mention of the word Æsir. While the Vanir have formed an alliance with them, the elves still despise them with every fiber of their being. You're not entirely sure why. Old rivalries, you suppose. Either way, you hate those guys.

"Right," you mutter, "We'll go 'talk' to the Æsir."

You stand there in awkward silence. "Where's Asgard, again?" you ask.

Skaði sighs and shows you the way.

What do you do?


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
SoulEatingBunny
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 10:17 PM

The Father of the Willow.

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 102
Member No.: 6
Joined: 7-May 13




Get some horses from somewhere and ride off to Asgard.


___________________________________________________

user posted image
Main YouTube
Gimble And Gyre
Corvidaek
FluffyBunny0x0
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5 


 


 

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY