help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

Bleeding Tree, Could that be a higher being in this?
Pandora
 Posted: Aug 7 2013, 08:03 AM

Frightened

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23

user posted image

The Bleeding Tree

I was thinking of using the Bleeding Tree as a higher being in a story. I feel like The Bleeding Tree has more potential and should stop living in Slenderman's shadow.

Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 7 2013, 11:35 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

I think that would be a great idea, Bleeding Tree needs more love. Maybe it can make Altered/Afflicted as well! Hell, maybe it IS an Altered/Afflicted! o:

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 7 2013, 12:45 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

It's considered a part of the Slender Man, right? And the Sentimentals need more love, right?

Well, either it's a Slender Man made Afflicted, OR it's a Sentimental of something! I'm just going to say Sentimental, because those need more love.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 7 2013, 03:05 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Member No.: 5

A Sentimental representing what, though? The idea of being a literal "bleeding heart"? The idea of pain (which isn't an emotion)? I don't see how this would be a Sentimental, but I like the idea of rewriting it as an Afflicted. Hell pretty much any Fear candidate or Fear can also be an Afflicted in this universe, if one so chose...

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
Kiro Cloudwatcher
 Posted: Aug 7 2013, 06:08 PM

Watcher of Clouds

Member No.: 2

Well I did use the tree in Simulated clouds. There it was the source of what makes Slendy able to keep Afflicted alive while he does his "experimenting".

He pretty much injected them with the blood from the tree. So technically its blood flows in all the Afflicted. (at least in my verse)

So maybe it has more control than we think. And its slowly rebelling against slendy by making Afflicted fight him.

user posted imageuser posted image
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 7 2013, 08:22 PM

QUOTE (DarkShadows @ Aug 7 2013, 03:05 PM)
A Sentimental representing what, though? The idea of being a literal "bleeding heart"? The idea of pain (which isn't an emotion)? I don't see how this would be a Sentimental, but I like the idea of rewriting it as an Afflicted. Hell pretty much any Fear candidate or Fear can also be an Afflicted in this universe, if one so chose...

Fair enough. I'm going to agree with you, as this Mythos is supposed to focus on the Afflicted, humanized monsters made and fueled by tragedy, and also considering there is a limit on Sentimentals, which are only semi-open source, IIRC. So yeah, having the Fears as Afflicted I'm not so sure about unless you're making the Slender Man godlike, but Fear Candidates all have the features for Afflicted. Algernon, King in Stone, Ivory... The Bleeding Tree especially works as one. Though I see it as initially subservient to SM, then becoming subservient to the Willow. The Willow's right hand, perhaps.

This post has been edited by ZacksQuest: Aug 7 2013, 08:25 PM

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
Kiro Cloudwatcher
 Posted: Aug 21 2013, 05:53 PM

Watcher of Clouds

Member No.: 2

Bleeding tree idea: Bloodflowers

Phase 1:The tree spreads micro seeds through the air. They get into your body by inhaling them. They attach themselves inside of you and grow.

Phase 2: A bump slowly grows. Eventually this bump bursts open your skin. Beneath your skin around the bump blood veins appear. Blood drips from the open wound. (it doesn't heal)

Phase 3: The blood keeps dripping as the open skin around the bump of human tissues (blood,muscles,bones,etc.) folds open and grows to resemble leaves with pulsing red veins. the bump keeps growing.

Phase 4:The bump bursts open and slowly forms something that resembles a flower, made entirely from you. At this point you'll stop bleeding entirely. When you get cut blood still flows out but its sticky like honey. Wounds never heal and the pain never stops.

Phase 5:The flower keeps growing. The Flower changes your body slowly to support its weight and stuff. You are slowly mutated into something, not human. If you "die" at this point, which is likely, the flower will take over and keep you from actually dying. You'll be nothing more than a vegetable that can walk. At least you have a pretty flower right?

Phase 6: The flower starts spreading seeds. Restarting the cycle for A new victim.

Thoughts?

user posted imageuser posted image
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 21 2013, 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Kiro Cloudwatcher @ Aug 21 2013, 05:53 PM)
Bleeding tree idea: Bloodflowers

Phase 1:The tree spreads micro seeds through the air. They get into your body by inhaling them. They attach themselves inside of you and grow.

Phase 2: A bump slowly grows. Eventually this bump bursts open your skin. Beneath your skin around the bump blood veins appear. Blood drips from the open wound. (it doesn't heal)

Phase 3: The blood keeps dripping as the open skin around the bump of human tissues (blood,muscles,bones,etc.) folds open and grows to resemble leaves with pulsing red veins. the bump keeps growing.

Phase 4:The bump bursts open and slowly forms something that resembles a flower,  made entirely from you. At this point you'll stop bleeding entirely. When you get cut blood still flows out but its sticky like honey. Wounds never heal and the pain never stops.

Phase 5:The flower keeps growing. The Flower changes your body slowly to support its weight and stuff. You are slowly mutated into something, not human. If you "die" at this point, which is likely, the flower will take over and keep you from actually dying. You'll be nothing more than a vegetable that can walk. At least you have a pretty flower right?

Phase 6: The flower starts spreading seeds. Restarting the cycle for A new victim.

Thoughts?

I like it.

DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 22 2013, 11:10 AM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Member No.: 5

I like that thought, it could be a good reason for humans to dislike the Tree (it's mutating us), for the Afflicted to dislike the Tree (It's taking our food), and for the Abstracts/Higher Beings (especially Slendy) to dislike the Tree (It's messing with our plans). Then again I support the idea of bringing the Tree out of Slendy's shadow; does it really have to be part of him in every Mythos or even every story it appears in? Maybe it's just me but I always saw it kind of similar but not quite to Slendy. More like a weird 'cousin' of sorts than an actual part of him. But then again I also don't favor that Slendy's human-like form is the only part we actually see of him, the idea just never fully gelled right for me. Ideally, you could do anything you wanted with the Tree. :3

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY