help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

The Altered Project stories, or: how I learned to love new stories
KingFisher
 Posted: Jul 13 2013, 03:56 AM

Haunted

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

This is the offical thread for posting stories related to our great undertaking.

Please refrain from discussing stories or asking questions here, this is simply a place to post so we can read them all easily.

Please discuss stories in the "Altered Project story discussion" thread...

This post has been edited by KingFisher: Jul 13 2013, 03:58 AM

Faith in chaos
Afterwards
 Posted: Jul 13 2013, 04:04 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Hello, I've Been Expecting You

I know you. But you don't know me. I've been watching you, you see. But don't be alarmed. I don't want to hurt you.

What's that? You're afraid of me? Well, don't be, silly. I know my appearance can be a bit... frightening, to say the least. Please, don't run away! It's been so long since I've seen anyone in person...

Please, sit down. I won't hurt you, I promise. I've been waiting so long, for someone to come and hear my story.

You will stay and hear my story, right? Will you at least do me that favor? Yes, thank you! I didn't always look like this, you know. I was once a beautiful human girl... But then... Then I went into the forest. And he took me.

You know him, don't you? That's why you came here, isn't it? Well, don't worry. He's never found me here. But he can sense humans easier. You don't have much time. But don't let that discourage you. Please, hear me out. I never get to talk to anyone, you're the first person I've met in so long...

When I first encountered him, I wasn't scared.  He hadn't noticed me, you see. He had his back turned when I spotted him. If I had been smarter, I would have run away right then.

But I was a foolish child, you see. I ran straight up to him and tugged on his suit. Then he looked down at me... And I saw his face. Or, rather... His lack of one. It was only then that the fear overtook me, but by that time it was too late. He grabbed ahold of my hand and took me away.

You know the stories, don't you? About how the children were found dead, their organs hanging in plastic bags from the tree branches. How he rips you apart with his razor-sharp tendrils and feasts on your flesh with his gaping sharp-toothed mouth. Well...

I wish that's what he had done to me. Sadly, as you can see, that is not the case. Instead, he changed me. Shifted me, bent me, broke me. Altered me. He gave me powers... But what if I don't want to use them? The things I see... I'd say they haunt my dreams, if I had any. I can not even leave this cave, for fear that he will find me. He gave me a new form... but as you can see, it is hideous. I'm a monster.

But even monsters need to eat. Do you know what it's like, living in a cave, forever fearful of leaving? A family of foxes lived here once. I felt bad for killing them, at first. But eventually, the hunger got to me. I could not stand it any longer. The meat was tough and bland, but it was food, and it sustained me, at least for a while.

Animals rarely ever come here anymore, they have learned to stay away from the cave from which no others come out. Sometimes, a particularly brave, or stupid, animal will come in out of curiosity to sate my hunger. Humans come through here even less, as I've told you. I try to help them out, try to help them escape from him, but often they don't, and even more often...

There's something else I want to tell you. I need to tell you about the visions. Do you see my eyes? Not just the ones on my face, the ones all around me, all around you. Through these eyes, I can see things, things most others cannot. It's how I've been observing you, how I knew you were coming. I can also see your future, you know. You do not last long. In fact, you could say your days are numbered. A very short number, too. The countdown is almost over...

But don't worry. Everything happens for a reason. You will be dying for a very good cause. You will be helping me, you see. You will help me hide from him. You will keep me alive just a little bit longer.

Now, now, don't run. You won't get very far. He is just outside the cave, you see. If you venture out, he will see you, and you will die either way. I have seen what happens, you see. I know how it turns out. It is up to you to make the choice.

I did promise I wouldn't hurt you, and I won't. It will be quick and painless, while he will make it very slow and excruciating. In fact, he may even make you into something like me...

So you have chosen? A very wise choice indeed. Maybe someday, I'll be able to make it out of this cave. Maybe someday, someone will find some sort of escape from him. But I haven't seen it, so I do not have much hope.

I really am sorry.

This post has been edited by Brahian: Jul 16 2013, 03:17 AM

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
Kiro Cloudwatcher
 Posted: Jul 13 2013, 08:41 PM

Watcher of Clouds

Member No.: 2

I wrote something. I didn't pay attention to quality, I just wrote something. So sorry if this is crap.

--------------------------------------
Dear Melanie,

I miss you.
I'm sorry I had to leave you.
If I stayed He would have went after you too.
Yes, Him.
I know you don't believe in him.
But he's real, The Slender man is very real.

He took me.
Held me captive.
He Altered me.

He ripped off my legs. Yet I can still walk.
And gouged out my eyes. Yet I can still see.
Tore out my heart. Yet I still live.

I don't know how much longer I can retain my humanity.
I can feel it slipping away.
I just wanted to say goodbye.
I am no longer the man I used to be.
I am no longer a man. Just a Monster.

Please don't try to find me.
He'll take you too.
I'm sorry.
I hope you know I'll always love you.

W.M

user posted imageuser posted image
The Administrator
 Posted: Jul 13 2013, 11:39 PM

The Administrator

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

"Control of Life"
Something doesn't seem to be right with the world.
I feel like something is taken a hold of me.
Like it has clinged to my existance.
Like it is sucking the life out of me.
Leaving me as an empty shell.

It just stays on my back where I cant reach.
I can't reach it.
The control of my life.

⊗ The Administrator is always watching. ⊗
Kiro Cloudwatcher
 Posted: Jul 15 2013, 07:01 AM

Watcher of Clouds

Member No.: 2

Another crappy story.
Just felt like writing something for "the Charred one".
She's hot.
I'm really not good at this short story thing.

---------

Urban legends.
There are thousands of them floating around. A lot of people think at least a few of them are real. But most people know they're not. Although they can still scare the shit out of them.

But can anyone really say for sure that all of them are just stories? Or is there a horrible truth behind a select few of these stories?
For example have you never seen the Slender man out of the corner of your eye for a second? Many people say they have seen Him after finding out about him.

But that's probably just a figment of our imagination. But have you heard the one about the Weeping Willow? Not many have heard of her. In fact her story is a rather recent one. But some have claimed to have seen her.
But the one I find most disturbing is the one about The Charred one.

You see, two years ago in a small town a young girl was about to graduate from high school. She was really excited because this was her ticket out of the town she hated.
Away from her abusive grandfather and the Girls that bullied her.
However her grandfather told her she couldn't leave. He told her he would break into her school and burn her records.

Without those she wouldn't be able to get her diploma and would have to stay. Her grandfather wasn't a man of empty threats and indeed he went to her school.
In their small town nobody noticed him. Except the girl.

She had followed him to try and stop him. She also called the police but they wouldn't arrive on time. So she attacked her grandfather and tried to take away his lighter.
They struggled and she kicked him in the nuts.

Her grandfather was infuriated by this and knocked her against the wall. He then set fire to her record file and locked her in the small record room. He thought she would wake up and try to put out the fire but she didn't.
By the time she woke up the fire had already spread across the small room.
She tried to escape but she couldn't and was burned alive.
The Police arrived too late to save her. They arrested her grandfather and locked him up for life.

A month later the old man was found dead in his cell, burned to ashes.
Another prisoner said he saw a figure of a young girl in the old man's cell. "She looked like a burned corpse" He said.
Later they found two of her former classmates dead too. A witness said he saw two glowing eyes and a mouthless face in the fire.

They say that if you ever bully a kid in any way. She will come for you too.
Others say you just need to light a fire and say her name and she will come.
Some even say she'll come after you just for knowing her name. Eliza, The Charred One.

user posted imageuser posted image
Afterwards
 Posted: Jul 16 2013, 09:12 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

PLEASE IGNORE THIS BLATANT DOUBLEPOST.

Okay it's not a doublepost but ignore it anyway.

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
WereMagi
 Posted: Jul 22 2013, 07:50 AM

Forum Puppy

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (i am not to be feared)

Scrap 1 - Found in the drafts for a status update on a small social media website

I was walking down my street at night. Sometime in May. I live in quite a peaceful area that I don’t normally need to worry about my safety. I liked to walk late at night, quite calming and all. It’s a nightly ritual for me now. However, just now, I thought I saw something unusual. I saw a child wearing a blank white mask in tattered clothes under a house’s shadow... I went straight home and for the first time since the series of break-ins in the area 3 years back, locked my doors and closed my windows. Something was off and I felt it like a child alone at night feels when the shadows become much more.

I was scared. Something was wrong, but what? Why had that child scared me so?

Scrap 2 - Found in a notebook belonging to the victim

Today, I woke up feeling horrible. Had terrible dreams due to that kid. He was probably playing murder in the dark or something like that, most likely. I brushed it off. Right up until I saw him in the area again, peeping in a window at the house opposite mine across the road. I called in sick that day for work, and took a week off.

What is with that kid?

Scrap 3 - Found written in another notepad in the car belonging to the victim. The text was just legible and has been rewritten by scribes to make the evidence more readable.

I went to Arthur’s house. He has lived in the area for all his life and is hitting the late eighties. I inquired about the kid from three nights ago after I caught him peeking into my window. His response was “He is not to be feared” which I had thought to mean that the kid was okay, which clearly wasn’t the case for he continued “He is terror and dread, extreme in own fear of us that he may lash out at those that he feel that may threaten him. Now go, for I have betrayed him and I fear that we may both be killed. Go!”

I fled. I ran. And I saw him as I turned back at the end of the street, him watching me.

Scrap 4 - Found stuff in the hole of the victim’s body, where the heart should be. Should have been covered in blood had the body possessed any. Time of death unknown.

He is here. Outside my hotel door. I didn’t go home. He followed me. How did he get inside? He scares me.

Written on the walls in blood after the murder of Louis Cartel

i am not to be feared

Critics welcome, I haven't been able to write at my usual standard for ages and really don't find this satisfying but it's known I can be a perfectionist in my own work when it's already decent enough.

Once I have Willow Mythos stuff to link, I'll update this here signature.

Until then, WOOF WOOF MOFOS!
user posted image
WereMagi
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 11:03 PM

Forum Puppy

In relation to my unnamed Altered:

QUOTE (a suicide note)

I witnessed something so terrifying, it sent running for my life. A child that wore a mask took of off the mask and... I can’t explain. I just... I’m so scared, I can’t live knowing that... that thing exists. I’m so sorry everyone, but I am just scared. I’m running to a place it can’t get me.

user posted image
WereMagi
 Posted: Aug 4 2013, 04:23 AM

Forum Puppy

QUOTE (Am I a monster?)
You were poor yet loved when you were young. They may not have had enough to buy all your school books, let alone toys, but your parents made up for it by trying hard everyday making sure you well provided as possible for school. You never made any friends in your first three years, but you had your imaginary friend by your side, your wooden princess. She used ... right up until she told you scared her and abandoned you. Suddenly, no one wanted to see you. They all feared you.
x
Your loving parents, who while could not look you in the eye, still tried their best. They were the only people you could count on... until they were involved in a hit and run and you knew it was the cruel neighbor from behind your house that did them in.

You never liked him and he never liked you. You over heard him threaten your mum that you were only good for one thing and it was between his legs. You may be young, but you were mature enough to understand what he said. You always hated him. And with nothing to live for, you let your anger run loose and fury overtook you.

You don’t remember what happened. You saw red and then came to with him dead in his kitchen, blood everywhere and banging on the door as red and blue lights flashed outside the front window.

They opened the door, stared at you as you back into the corner screaming at them, and they fled. It started to hurt. You weren’t any different. In the midst the chaos around you, you spied a mirror and your reflection... haunted you. You scared yourself. You feared yourself.

You ran.

No one stopped you, and those that did, did so half heartedly and when you resisted, they stopped. You couldn’t hear, as if you suddenly went deaf. No, you could hear, but more like sense the sounds. No one was nice. When you were catching your breath in a park, some teenagers were throwing stones at you. Next thing you knew, you had saw red and they were on the ground, everywhere on the ground. As if you ripped them apart. As if you were a monster.

You found a mask later on, hiding in an alley behind some bins, hungry enough to sift through them for some food. You put it on, to hide the face that you fear the most.

After a few months of living like this, you forgot your name. After all, monster don't have names, right?

Posting here because it's part of the thing.

user posted image
WereMagi
 Posted: Sep 3 2013, 03:46 AM

Forum Puppy

Came back and edited my last thing.

Enjoy!

user posted image
KingFisher
 Posted: Sep 3 2013, 05:12 AM

Haunted

Member No.: 14

Enjoy!

I will =D

I can't wait to use all these ideas in whatever it is we end up doing with them!

Faith in chaos
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY