Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

The Holders Generation II, or: how I learned to love community life
KingFisher
 Posted: Jun 23 2013, 04:20 AM

Haunted

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

Greetings to all

As you know, I represent The Holders series and community...as fewer of you know, this night has been one of turmoil for me as there has been something of a shift in our politics.

We have left TheHolders.org and have set out to make our own site and forum to house the new GenII community.

Though the change has brought pain, it also has brought new opportunity.

I want to officially extend my hand in friendship, from the Great Project to the Willow Mythos. Two splinter communities that will both find much benefit in an alliance together.

If you would be interested in knowing more about what we are doing, an in return to have our community members join and assist in your own efforts, let me know.

Together we shall be stronger then we ever could be on our own.

I look forward to working with you on our future efforts.

Faith in chaos
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 23 2013, 05:22 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Hm, I like where this is going. And by that of course, I mean this sounds like a very good idea. Please, tell us more.

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
KingFisher
 Posted: Jun 23 2013, 05:27 PM

Haunted

Willow Mythos might be interested in affiliating with the new Holders site?

I also like where this is going, by which I mean it really would be a benefit for both series.

Here is the story:

Our group has no power over TheHolders.org, we never have. That site is a relic that we were using because we believed that it was the best way to continue interest in the series. Without the ability to control our own site, and with an increasing interest in what we're doing, the time has come to decide how we're going to continue with the plan...this is when our mod finally returned, last night I realized he and I will never agree on the purpose of community.

The rift in philosophy (his focus on simply writing with no concern for social aspect versus my belief that communication and community is more important then the writing itself) made the decision to split the GenII movement from the original Holders site.

I have been inspired by you guys, the forum games for example, and am more committed to seeing a system where forums, series and skype chat can all be combined into a single massive network of communication and creativity.

Arca has given us his blessing and we are keeping TheHolders.org as an affiliate site where people can read old stories before moving onto ours which will be the offical home for the community we spent the last year building.

Forum games, RP, alternate mediums and a "rumor system" for canon will be the hallmarks of the more modern and open Holders series.

My proposal is this:

If Willow Mythos members are interested in making accounts when our forum opens next week, saying hi, asking questions and seeing what we're up to.

I'll be suggesting your forum to the various people who are current members, returning members or prospective members of our community (about 10 of us).

More traffic and more awareness for both of our fledgling forums will only be a boon, and as we both get more interest we can hopefully develop the relationship in a way that makes including Fear Mythos remind people that you guys are here and doing your thing as well as reminding them that Holders is alive and well.

Who knows, Willow/FM/Holders alliance could be a real thing one day.

I like to stay optimistic; With time, passion and opportunity we have lots of possibility before us.

This post has been edited by KingFisher: Jun 24 2013, 03:38 AM

Faith in chaos
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 23 2013, 05:57 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Yesh, I am defs up for it. Just tell us when the new forum is up, and I'll make an account right away biggrin.gif

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
NoFourthWall
 Posted: Jun 23 2013, 06:01 PM

Stalked

Member No.: 3

If there's any way to make the Internet more awesome, I'll be more than willing to help.
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jun 23 2013, 08:42 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

I'd join if I had more time, but I just don't...

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
KingFisher
 Posted: Jun 24 2013, 03:40 AM

Haunted

I'd join if I had more time, but I just don't...

My dear Shadow, mother of the Willow, you will have the opportunity to join whenever you have a chance; We wont be going anywhere.

If there's any way to make the Internet more awesome, I'll be more than willing to help.

Trust me, when we're done with it, the internet will never be the same...

Yesh, I am defs up for it. Just tell us when the new forum is up, and I'll make an account right away

As the one who inspired my love for forum games, you will all have the chance of participating in our opening forum game celebration!

This post has been edited by KingFisher: Jun 24 2013, 03:41 AM

Faith in chaos
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY