help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Wings and Wordsmiths, Dante Versus The Insane Armies
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 9 2013, 08:09 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Brahian @ Jun 9 2013, 07:58 PM)
Stab it into the cliff face, then run out of the way.

You're on the right track, but the sword doesn't have enough power to bring down any piece of the cliff. The organ creatures are getting closer and one is upraising its ax in anticipation of splitting your skull open while you try with no success to bring down boulders on the creatures.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 9 2013, 08:21 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Do a barrel roll to avoid getting chopped in half.

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 9 2013, 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Brahian @ Jun 9 2013, 08:21 PM)
Do a barrel roll to avoid getting chopped in half.

You narrowly roll past the downswing of the ax, which the organ beast accidentally gets stuck in the ground. Velvetino scurries away into the woods, leaving you alone against two- things. What do you do?

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 9 2013, 08:49 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Smash the club into the cliff face, then scurry after Velvetino.

Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:05 AM

The club itself does not have the power to cause a rockslide from the cliff, though some pebbles and smaller stones do clatter onto the grass near you. The ax is still embedded in the ground, and the organ creature seems to have completely forgotten it. Velvetino was scurrying past the dead tree next to the cliff face and into the woods beyond. You can't see him now.

This post has been edited by ZacksQuest: Jun 15 2013, 01:05 AM

Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:14 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

In one last ditch attempt, throw the ax into the cliff face, then try to find Velvetino.

Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Brahian @ Jun 15 2013, 01:14 AM)
In one last ditch attempt, throw the ax into the cliff face, then try to find Velvetino.

Dodging the bony claws of your adversaries, you try and succeed to retrieve the ax from the ground and drive it as hard as you can into the cliff face. A resounding sound emanates and you hear the faint rumble of rocks. You try to leave with the ax but realize with horror that it is embedded in the cliff face. You yank on it hard, and it sails backwards, the blunt end of the ax caving in the skull of an organ creature that was only moments away from rending you apart. You take the ax with you as you hear the rumble of rocks getting louder.

You deftly escape to see the one organ creature remaining get crushed under heavy boulders. Realizing what you've just accomplished and what you've just seen truly for the first time, you vomit. A lot. It's not pretty. Then, you decide to swallow your sanity and look for your poor little Velvetino

*EVALUATION OF FIGHT: You receive a 3/5. The best possible combination was to take the organ creature's ax and chop down the dead oak tree either onto the organ creatures or onto the cliff face which would also have caused a rockslide. It was close enough and used the landscape so it only counted for a one point deduction, plus two half-point deductions for failing to cause the rockslide twice. So you get no reward, but no penalty either!

EDIT: Best possible combo, not "correct combo" like I said. It still yielded the desired result.

This post has been edited by ZacksQuest: Jun 15 2013, 01:25 AM

Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:26 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Yay for us!

Keep searching for Velvetino. He should be here somewhere.

Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:30 AM

You look everywhere. Velvetino is nowhere to be found.

You feel an emptiness in your chest. Velvetino was the squeaky little friend who kept you sane, who you confided in even though animals usually don't talk unless you're really high. Velvetino has been with you through thick and thin, fog and fire, through FRANCE, even! And to go all this way and suddenly lose him...

you hear squeaks. From the northwest. But you could have sworn you already searched there. What do you do?

Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:32 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Head towards the squeaks. It's our only lead.

Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:37 AM

You head towards the squeaks at a maddening pace. You can't wait to see your little furry companion. You need solace, especially after that whole ordeal-

you see a note tied to a tree...

it says, "Sie haben meine Geduld Sie italienische Welpe versucht. Meine Männer machten sie bis jetzt in das Lager von Der Großmann und der Weg des Schwarzen verlässt und Sie gingen sie töten.

Ich habe Ihr kostbares Kaninchen jetzt. Senden Sie zu mir oder zu Ihren Kaninchenwürfeln. Und alle mögliche Versuche, mit Der Großmann zu sprechen machen mich sehr verärgert.

Sie haben eine Stunde.

Senden Sie oder Velvetino-Würfel."

You want to write down, "Sorry I don't speak French," on the note, but you have no writing utensils. But then you catch the word Velvetino on the note and you start to become slightly enraged. Someone took your rabbit. Some bitch is gonna pay.

*Okay, the basic translation is this, because this translation is REALLY rough. "You have tried my patience you Italian whelp. My men were almost at the lair of Der Großmann and the Path of Black Leaves and you went and killed them. I have your precious rabbit now. Submit to me or your rabbit gets killed. You have one hour. Submit or Velvetino dies."

This post has been edited by ZacksQuest: Jun 15 2013, 01:41 AM

Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:41 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Such a shame, the lack of writing utensils. Eh, it was probably German anyway.

Try and figure out where whoever left the note went.

Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:43 AM

QUOTE (Brahian @ Jun 15 2013, 01:41 AM)
Such a shame, the lack of writing utensils. Eh, it was probably German anyway.

Try and figure out where whoever left the note went.

Angrily, you search for signs of where whoever-did-this went and how fast are they going. It takes about ten minutes but you find broken twigs, cracked leaves and muddy footprints leading to the northwest.

What do you do?

Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:44 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Follow them.

Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 01:50 AM

You follow the trail, hoping to rescue Velvetino and take wrathful vengeance on whoever took him when suddenly-

http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/SlendyTendrilsAni.gif

The Slender Man faces you, arms extended, head cocked, tentacles waving. All in all, a pretty menacing sight. You stumble back and crawl backwards bear-style.

It is coming closer. What do you do?

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY