help | search | members | calendar


Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  




Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

 Wings and Wordsmiths, Dante Versus The Insane Armies
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 05:25 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

*

Group: Members
Posts: 72
Member No.: 11
Joined: 30-May 13




You are Dante Alighieri, famous poet of Florence, Italy. You look kind of gnarled and you've just finished writing Dante's Paradiso after taking some strange nearby flora. It is a clearing in the middle of the woods. It is the middle of the night and the overcast clouds envelop all of the stars. A rabbit named Velvetino is your only companion.

In your pouch, you carry three candles, a small club, and a solitary turnip.

You hear a noise somewhere beyond the fire you've constructed. In the dark forests in- somewhere in Europe, you're kind of too stoned to remember. What do you do?

>

This post has been edited by ZacksQuest: Jun 5 2013, 05:25 PM


Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take


"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 05:35 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




>First, consult Dante's Paradiso. How good or bad of a poet are we?
>Next, consult the flora we took. What kind of flora is it?
>Then, wonder why we were writing in the middle of the woods.
>Finally, be entranced by Velvetino's utter cuteness.
>Oh, and we should probably figure out what made that noise, too.


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 05:46 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

*

Group: Members
Posts: 72
Member No.: 11
Joined: 30-May 13




*Okay new rule. Only one turn per post. Ya blew it for everyone Brah. :I

First, you check your knapsack and remember your copy of your work is busy in Verona, Italy, getting rewritten word for word by monks and the educated who have no real life. You can't discern the plantlife you took, it was HOURS, ago, man, but the fact that you're still mellowed out indicates it was a very powerful drug- maybe something narcotic- but you don't quite remember. You also don't quite remember how you even got here. Velvetino stares at you in the deeply insightful, yet adorable, way that all hares look at things.

Finally, you feel the aching and the mental strain of your brain sobering up and you finally start to think rational things again. Like what on earth could be making those sounds?

So your mind's now set on finding out the thing in the woods.

What do you do?



Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take


"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 06:17 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




((Hehe, sorry))

>Hmmm, I'd say we should stand up and walk in the direction that the noise came from, maybe lighting one of the candles in our pocket to see where we're going, but then again, maybe we should ask Velvetino about it first...

This post has been edited by Brahian: Jun 5 2013, 06:18 PM


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 06:46 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

*

Group: Members
Posts: 72
Member No.: 11
Joined: 30-May 13




QUOTE (Brahian @ Jun 5 2013, 06:17 PM)
((Hehe, sorry))

>Hmmm, I'd say we should stand up and walk in the direction that the noise came from, maybe lighting one of the candles in our pocket to see where we're going, but then again, maybe we should ask Velvetino about it first...


Velvetino does not talk.

You look at the candles. There are only three and without a fire or torch they are your only source of light. You decide that, in the woods, there will be enough timber to make a fashionable torch and light the candle, place it in the candlestick, and begin your walk towards the woods.

What do you do?


Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take


"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 06:59 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




Oh, we should probably take Velvetino with us. Wouldn't want the poor thing to end up lost in the woods OnO


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 08:48 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

*

Group: Members
Posts: 72
Member No.: 11
Joined: 30-May 13




You pick up Velvetino just as the remaining embers of the fire go out. The surroundings are all dark and there is nothing but you, the flame of your candle, the squeaks of the unnerved Velvetino, and The Thing in the Woods.

Something moves out of the corner of your peripheral vision. Towards the clearing.

Should you move on or go back to the clearing? Either? Neither?

What should you do?


Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take


"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 09:11 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




Going back to the clearing sounds like a good idea.


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 8 2013, 02:51 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

*

Group: Members
Posts: 72
Member No.: 11
Joined: 30-May 13




You head out to the clearing and notice that it's completely dark. Something squishy and leaking viscous fluid collides with your leg as it scampers back into the woods, through a dirt path formerly unseen. As you look behind you, you can kind of tell it as a glow where it ate the rocks. Velvetino whimpers at your side as you see the orange glowing- THING- scurry away.

What do you do?


Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take


"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 8 2013, 02:58 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




Follow the orange-glowing thing.


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 8 2013, 03:05 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

*

Group: Members
Posts: 72
Member No.: 11
Joined: 30-May 13




QUOTE (Brahian @ Jun 8 2013, 02:58 PM)
Follow the orange-glowing thing.


You are a suicidal Italian poet aren't you? Oh well, it's your funeral. You walk into the pathway, your candle flickering eerily across the gnarled trees. You recognize them as pines and fir, and your heart drops into the pit of your stomach as you realize you went all the way to the Black Forest in Germany.

Forget about all the rumors of creatures.
Forget that it's considered unholy and cursed, usually with an unnecessary accent on the "e" in the latter word.
Forget that your candle's wick has burned down almost completely somehow.

You had to go through FRANCE to get here.

The glow stopped in its tracks and you rest your hand on a fir to take light that you had to go through FRANCE and you're in one of the most accursed places in one of the most war-mongering countries in Europe. However, your hand impacts organs. Five of them: liver, spleen, heart, eyeball, and kidney. They're stuck to the tree by some unhealthy substance that smatters the wall. The eviscerated headless corpse of some poor German soldier lays on the floor in full battle armor at your feet. You step back, gasping.

The orange glow is turning around and coming back.

What do you do?

This post has been edited by ZacksQuest: Jun 8 2013, 03:34 PM


Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take


"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 8 2013, 03:09 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




Panic.


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 8 2013, 03:12 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

*

Group: Members
Posts: 72
Member No.: 11
Joined: 30-May 13




You run around screaming through the forest. Velvetino worryingly watches from its perch on your shoulder as you accidentally run into trees and firs. The Orange One is coming closer and your candle has died out. Doesn't matter anyways. You dropped it to the ground the minute you noticed it coming back. You hide behind a spruce and hope not to be found, which is kind of hard with you hyperventilating.

In your last moments before the Orange One explodes out into the clearing is, "Why the hell did I go to France?!"

Then it bursts out of the clearing and stops. You can't see it clearly but you think it might be smelling for you.

What do you do?

This post has been edited by ZacksQuest: Jun 8 2013, 03:34 PM


Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take


"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Afterwards
 Posted: Jun 8 2013, 03:14 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Posts: 393
Member No.: 7
Joined: 8-May 13




We have a club, right? Hit the Orange One with it.

... Or am I thinking of a different kind of club? If so, hit it anyway.


Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Jun 8 2013, 03:29 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

*

Group: Members
Posts: 72
Member No.: 11
Joined: 30-May 13




QUOTE (Brahian @ Jun 8 2013, 03:14 PM)
We have a club, right? Hit the Orange One with it.

... Or am I thinking of a different kind of club? If so, hit it anyway.


You do in fact have a club. The Orange One charges you. You see it more clearly now. It looks like what would happen if the organs were all on the outside. The eyes you could recognize, but the veins and the cones of the eye were the visible parts, yellow triangular things and leaking viscous fluid. The bones, instead of being the calcium bond at the center, wrapped around the thing like a cage. It was glowing because its stomach, a pinkish orange sac that covered a good deal of its torso, seemed to glow with the still-dying embers of the fire. Then the embers in its stomach go out and all is quiet.

A deafening roar, seemingly an inhaled screech of Grudge-like quality as the creature lunges at you. Your club broadsides It in the face and parts of its brain fall off.

You run because it's still not doing anything resembling experiencing pain or dying.

What do you do now?

This post has been edited by ZacksQuest: Jun 8 2013, 03:33 PM


Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take


"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »


 


 

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY