help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

Outside, Things are dangerous out there...
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 09:52 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Outside of the Bearer City's gates, the world is a no-man's land, a wild wasteland of decimated buildings and reclamation by nature. This is the domain of the non-Personal Fears, lurking at every shadow like vicious predators, waiting to spring upon anyone foolish enough to step outside the gates. Of course, people do, and people must send convoys from other cities and farming areas, woe betide to them. Or it would be, if the city didn't impose a strict drawing panel to pick from the city populous to defend the convoys. And of course, there's always the adventurous rebel wanting to take the risk and venture out, relying on their Personal Fears to protect them from Nomad bands (who despise the Bearers), Fear Servants, and the Fears themselves...

Shadows moved through the shady forest underbrush slowly, careful not to attract unwanted attention. Last thing she needed was the Rake on her tail, or worse, the actual Slenderman. Fortunately, she was good at sneaking about, and not many beings wanted to mess with something that even vaguely looked like the Tall Guy himself.

///Shadowchild, A.R.K. convoy inbound./// Evergreen's inscrutible gaze, peering from the forest thickets, followed the convoy as it approached the forest's edge. ///Approaching slowly. Seems to have had a setback. Potentially damaged.///

Shit, Shadows thought, mentally pinging for Evergreen's location. She wasn't far, maybe five meters from him. Evergreen, what kind of damage?

///Potentially a flat tire. Seems they've stopped to fix it. I suggest that we move in as soon as possible to prevent them from being vulnerable. I sense illness on the wind./// Its otherwise still, almost branchlike tendrils quivered at the tips, sensing acutely.

Right. Moving in, keep close watch.

///Always.///

Shadows slowly, quietly made her way through the dense underbrush, eventually reaching the exit. Not that the convoy driver was too happy to see someone sneaking out of the forest, not when she had previously been attacked by Proxies earlier...

"S-stay back, I have a Raketype!" the driver cried out in alarm, backing against the convoy. Something inside the convoy whispered harshly in aggression.

"Relax, I'm not a Servant. The city sent me out."

The driver did not untense for a second, eyeing Shadows warily, but seemed to trust her enough for now.

"I-I wanna see your ID," she said. "I wanna know who the hell you are."

"Willow. Willow Withers," Shadows responded. "Chemistry major, Bearer of Evergreen, Slendertype. Part-time convoy guard for the next 6 months. Looks like a flat tire. Do you have a spare?"

"I-I think. Let me check."

The driver moved around to the back of the convoy, whispering in some sort of harsh tongue Shadows couldn't understand, then returned to the front.

"Scratch is gonna look for one, says there's one back there," the driver replied, leaning against the convoy. In the meantime, might want to tell your Slendertype to be careful out there, I noticed Nightlander activity not far down the road."

"Yeah," Shadows murmured, keeping close watch over the horizon in order to protect the convoy. "So did he."

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 14 2013, 02:13 AM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Outside the boundaries, a dark force lingers in wait. It seems to be a Nightlander, but on closer inspection it begins looking like a black disc floating just inches away from the wall. Diego was nearby, in the alleyways on the edge of the Bearer city, which let Kronus do as he pleased.

He was hunting Servants. The Bearer city is a little too saturated with gun-toting combatants, Personal Fears, and the occasional eldritch odd duck out that was neither, for The Archangel to launch a complete attack, but Kronus knew it sent spies to the walls. Kronus knew because he was a part of the Archangel- they represented the same thing. That could not last forever- in the end, only one can remain. That is what Kronus thought. Of course, trying to take down a Fear of that magnitude singlehanded and without any knowledge is impossible, even with a physical form as inhuman and impossible as Kronus'. So Kronus makes allies with other Personal Fears and various militia, kills to grow in power, and squeezes as much information out of the Followers of the Emperor of Bones. One of the robed cultists was currently wasting away as a rat in Kronus' meager, but morbid Domain.

Kronus had a little more info today than he had yesterday. He had more contacts, his realm expanded, if only by three or four feet in diameter. Of course, he was far from ready. How do you kill God? Not a meager pantheon deity, but the ruler of the afterlife? Kronus didn't know, and didn't care. He knew he would probably die trying to kill The Archangel, but he would make a dent, truly demonstrated his spite. It may take a nuclear blast, hundreds of thousands of soldiers, and even more Fears, but the dent would bd made. All he wanted was to make a dent.

"Brother Tiberius? We have not heard your hourly report. A group of three missionaries have been sent to your location-" A lion's paw crushed the cultist's walkie talkie. Time to grasp to the wall. Grasp to the wall... and wait.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 14 2013, 02:47 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Evergreen's attention remained on the black disc hovering close to the wall, watching as it morphed into some sort of creature. It could not quite place what creature it was, because the thing looked to be made of at least three. No. This was no Nightlander, but it was a very serious threat by Evergreen's judgement.

So was the figure approaching from about a mile down the road.

Shadows watched as the driver's Raketype rolled out the tire from the back of the convoy, nudging it with its head so as not to pierce the rubber with its sharp claws. It looked up to its Bearer, whispering something in questioning.

"That'd be the spare, yeah," The Driver said, already halfway through removing the flat tire, lugnuts scattered around her. She proceeded to pull off the tire, and replace it with the new one. "Scratch, you okay there? You look hurt."

The Raketype glanced up from licking its rapidly healing wounds for a second. Damn Proxies, these ones had somehow found machetes. Not that they had lasted very long; there weren't that many and Scratch was well used to defensive combat by now, as evidenced by the long, smooth scars covering its greyish skin.

Something by the wall caught Shadows' attention, and she glanced at it. Yeesh. She didn't like the looks of that thing, but it didn't seem to be bothering anyone...

Meanwhile, something traveled down the road slowly, a vaguely humanoid figure bearing a deathly aura, gliding on a carpet of filamentous mold and mildew. They paused, turned their beaklike head towards the halted convoy in the far distance, and then glanced to the forest nearby, sensing something. The microbial safety net that substituted for their nerve endings fired chemical signals at each other, warning of something, something they could not tell what, something watching.

itiswatchingususususwhatisisisisit?

The sentient mass of disease quickly slid into the nearby bushes, their brownish biofilm cloak oozing around them like a strange blanket. If at all possible they could simply infect a passerby, let said person do the work for them. They were very good at going dormant and being patient if need be, good at being resiliant...

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 14 2013, 05:11 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Member No.: 11

Two humans and two Personal Fears arrived, much to Kronus' annoyance.

--Idiots. In the way of my mission. So long as they don't ruin the mission...--

Then his thought was cut off by the arrival of something brownish, seeping fluids and chemicals wherever it went.

Kronus was not going to intervene with the impending events. He would rather stay and watch.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 14 2013, 07:18 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Evergreen did not like this. It knew a non-Personal Fear when it saw one, and it certainly knew of this particular Fear.

///Shadowchild, Virus inbound.///

Shadows' brow knit in confusion. "Virus inbound?" she murmured under her breath as the driver finished replacing the tire.

Her eyes flicked down the road, seeing nothing. But she knew better than to assume that was the case, plenty of Fears could be sneaky as hell if they wanted to be.

Meanwhile, the living disease dipped their sickly cloak into a small creek near the brush, hoping to spread downstream further towards the convoy. All they'd have to do was splash the convoy and they would easily be able to infiltrate it.

EAT was not amused at the infiltration, however.

The entire creek proceeded to rear up out of the ground and build itself, a massive, fluid rope.

And Shadows watched as it moved of its own will.

"Shit, what did it see?" She said.

The Driver had by now noticed and hidden the the back of the convoy, while the Raketype stood its ground, snarling in territorial anger.

///Shadowchild, mayday, get to higher ground now! Virus inbound, if that water hits it and sprays everywhere...///

It hit her immediately.

"Oh fuck. Evergreen, we need intervention now!"

///I know. Moving in. You take cover.///

The tall creature appeared instantaneously to both Fears, startling them for the briefest moment.

Then, both attacked, the disease trying to gain their foothold, the water trying to seep in and gain its. Evergreen's tendrils thrashed wildly, but there wasn't much it could do against liquids...

Shadows took cover in the convoy, curling up in front of the precious cargo as the Raketype clambered inside and pulled the back door shut.

Fucking hell, you be careful out there, big guy...

///Trying! Drive!///

Shadows looked to the driver, peering through the window looking into the front seat, and yelled, "Floor it!"

The Driver slammed onto the gas pedal, convoy roaring to life and speeding towards the wall.

SlendyGirl
 Posted: Aug 14 2013, 09:28 PM

New Blood

Member No.: 25

Outside of the wall Rieu sat, trying to think of a way to get inside the walls. Herself having been banned for stealing various goods. It seemed night impossible to get in since security in these time was pretty decent.

"How do you propose we do this Ghast?" she said to the hovering skull surrounded by green flames that hovered next to her.

"Not sure, of course I could get in there no problem...but you"

"Yeah I know. I'm starving, we have to get there somehow"

"Hmm..." Ghast murmured.

"I got an idea" she said and stood up, walking towards the edge of the gate where she wasn't seen by security and started to climb over the walls, successfully. In the meantime Ghast just flew through the walls.

"That wasn't so hard" she said and walked towards the market.
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 18 2013, 10:37 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Inside the driver's area, Shadows' heart was pounding so hard she swore it would burst, and the driver was staring determinedly at the gate as she drove.

Inside the convoy's storage area, Scratch's long, sharp claws had pierced into the metal, and the Raketype was clinging and shrieking as the vehicle swerved.

Outside the convoy, Evergreen began to flicker in and out of visibility, first a few feet back from the angered Fears, then ten feet, then twenty. If it could lure them away from the convoy that would be help enough.

The hydrous mass came crashing upon where Evergreen was, and continued to trickle after it through the groundwater. The living virus, however, was not deterred, and turned towards the speeding convoy, sending their filamentous spores though the earth and air in a tremendous wave.

It was at precisely this moment that Evergreen realized it could not handle both Fears at once, and had it eyes, the pupils would have narrowed. It had heard humans call the sense of awful realization it currently felt an "Oh, shit" moment.

///Shadowchild, I cannot stop them both. Get to the city as fast as possible, Virus is heading your way.///

"Shit shit shit shit shitshitshitshitshit," Shadows stammered as she grabbed the walkie-talkie in the convoy's console. "Mayday, mayday, mayday, approaching gates in 1 minute. Virus inbound, open the gates now, now, now, open them now! Someone, anyone listening, open the gates right now!"

Evergreen, meanwhile, vanished from the water's perception, and the water proceeded to find great interest in the nearby similar being at the forest's edge. It formed a massive wave, locking onto its target, intent on flooding its aggressor out.

It realized its mistake only after it had crashed down on the forest and drenched the actual Slenderman. What were those words it had once heard attacked human Campers exclaim, again? Something along the lines of "Oh, shit"?

Evergreen chuckled to itself and proceeded after the living disease that currently was chasing the convoy, watching as the city gates slowly opened. But no... what was she doing, didn't she realize how risky this was?

///Shadowchild, what in the name of all things are you doing?! Abort course of action, abort!///

We can make it!

///You are bringing it right through the gates!///

We can make it, can you stall?

///The water's taken care of, I will do my best with the disease...///

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY