help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

The Darklight Lounge, For hanging out. Canon need not apply.
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 09:50 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Shadows lounged in the plush chair of the Darklight Lounge, sipping a cherry coke. She didn't often get to enjoy this treat; there weren't all that many shipments of soda or any other water-based liquid, since EAT had taken over most things that weren't water treatment plants...

Evergreen quietly listened to the music coming from the lounge's speakers, its tendrils extended and quivering at the tips with the sound waves. Having no ears, it couldn't technically hear anything, but tendrils were a good, vibration-sensing substitute. It didn't recall the name of this song in particular, but it did like the beat to it.

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 02:57 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

"Omai, what is this?" wondered Brah as he stepped into the lounge. The Birds fluttered in after him, sending clouds of black feathers flying everywhere. They roosted any place they could find; the couches, the tables, Evergreen's tendrils...

"Sorry about that," he said to the girl sitting on a plush chair. "These guys can get pretty excitable sometimes. Nice PF you have there. Reminds me a bit of... That Guy..."

His voice trailed off as he took a seat across from her. "So, uh... What's up with this?"

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 03:06 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Evergreen contemplated the sable Birds roosting in its vine-like tendrils. It swore by the end of all things, if they got their waste on him...

Evergreen hated Convotypes.

"Hey dude," Shadows responded, eying the Birds covering absolutely every surface. "Think you have enough of them there?"

She smirked, and shifted in the lounge chair as she sipped her cherry coke leisurely.

"What do you mean, 'this'? This place? This is... well, I guess it's just a place people come hang out occasionally. Sometimes they have dance parties on the weekends, when they can get the manager's Newborntype to bother DJing. That thing throws down some wicked bass drops too. It should go on tour."

Evergreen glared at a Bird that was climbing up its shoulder. Its tendrils (or at least the ones not being used as a roosting spot by Birds) thrashed in irritable warning, sharp tips pointed towards the avian.

///Don't try it, Feathers.///

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 03:28 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

The Bird cawed in Evergreen's face before fluttering off to another part of the room. One of the other Birds on its tendrils opened up its wing and started pecking at something there.

"Well, I feel a lot safer with a lot of them around me," Brah said in response to Dark's question. "These guys protect from, well... Them."

He pointed an accusatory finger at the enormous black tarantula that was creeping slowly across the ground. A couple Birds flew out from their roosting spots and attacked the monster, pecking and clawing madly. When they left, the Spider's body lay ripped apart, its thick green blood spilling all over the floor.

Brah resisted the urge to vomit. "Uh... Hopefully someone can clean that up..."

Ragnarok
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 03:38 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

"Ugh. Intrutypes, I can't stand them myself. Thankfully I haven't had the wonderful pleasure of having one of them for a Personal Fear so far. It's just me and this guy." She motioned upwards at the tall being behind her; said being in question was keeping its unseen, eyeless gaze inscrutably on the Birds.

"Call me nuts, but I don't think he likes your feathered friends. Hey, you want something to drink? You look newish around these parts, and I don't mind buying..."

That was one thing about being pulled for city protection duty - at least you got paid by the government for it. Sure, it wasn't much, but it was better than nothing.

"What about you, big guy, you thirsty?"

///You know I don't need food or drink, Shadows,/// it teased.

"Yeah, I know. But hey, figured I'd check since if you looked any more like a tree right now, you'd start growing roots."

A thick, black tendril slapped Shadows upside the head.

"Ow! Fucking... don't do that, you asshole!"

It chuckled deeply to itself, amused at the reaction it'd gotten.

Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 04:08 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

"No thanks,"he replied. "I don't think I could eat or drink anything while that Thing is smeared all over the floor. Thanks, though."

"So um, you can talk to your PF? Do you think it could work on one of mine?"

Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 04:21 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

A young boy walks into the club, accompanied by a figure in an assortment of charms and robes. Immediately one of the staff members walks to the strange pair, requesting that the boy stay outside- no children are allowed in the Darklight Lounge.

"Of course, sir," says the young boy. The woman whispers into his ear and he once again addresses the staff member. "How much do you like your eyes, sir?"

"...I suppose as much as anyone else."

"Then you might want to stay away from here very soon."

"...how soon?"

"How much do you have?"

The man (who, while mistrusting of the young swindler, is aware of VisionType Fears and their abilities) hands the boy eighty-seven dollars and the boy replies, "I suggest you stay at home between three and three thirty tomorrow afternoon."

The man nods and goes back to tending bar. The boy looks at the money. The woman in the robes whispers to the young boy again. The fate has not changed- the man will still be blind tomorrow at four- but the venue has changed from a bar fight to a bursting glass. The boy looks a little longer at the money in contemplation, then leaves to spend it.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
Bravo
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 07:55 PM

Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu Gravu

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

A young man strolls into the lounge, a hip-high smoky black dog at his side. He makes his way to the bar and orders a drink, paying with coins that he'd somehow gotten from the tip jar unnoticed.

Drink in hand, the man makes his way to a corner table with his Dog. There he sits, watching the other patrons, the entrance, and the swinging door to the kitchen. After a moment, he pulls from his jacket the bottle he'd appropriated from behind the bar when the bartender's back had been turned. If you wanted to be sure a liquid was EAT-free, it had to be the strong stuff. And it doesn't get much stronger than absinthe.

Echo quickly secrets the bottle away again, making a note to himself to try to find some sugar cubes on the way home. He flags down a waitress, orders a bloody steak for Hieronymous, and leans back in his chair. The big black dog rests his head on Echo's lap, and the young man pats him between the ears, even as his eyes go back to scanning the room.
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 09:05 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Shadows looked seriously at the young man, gold-flecked brown eyes scanning both him and his Birds. The tall being behind her mirrored her serious glance as best as faceless being could, scrutinizing for weakness or malicious intent. It could sense none, but its gaze did not leave the young man for a second.

"It's very possible to communicate with them as far as I know. But it's not easy. I've had Evergreen around ever since I was a girl, so." She shrugged. "Maybe it's a trust thing, maybe it's a consequence of being so close to him, but either way, I can do it. I'm sure if your PF's smart enough you could, too. Those look similar to ravens almost to me."

///Smart birds, ravens./// The Slendertype tilted its head, still observing the boy and his birds. ///And quoth, Nevermore.///

"Thus sayeth Mr. Poe," Shadows added, her eyes glancing over to the twenty-something by the bar with a Dogtype nearby. "Huh. Best keep an eye on that one."

Evergreen's gaze shifted slightly to the young boy and his Visiontype standing near the barroom manager. It remained unmoving for about five seconds, save its tendrils swirling in curiosity around it, and then its strange, eyeless gaze returned to the young man.

"He says, by the way, if you let your birds crap on him, they'll find you in a garbage bag in the forest outskirts by morning. Dammit Evergreen why do you have to scare the new people?"

///For fun./// If it could have grinned, it would have done so.

In the meanwhile, the Manager's EAT-type had sloshed its way out of the bucket it normally resided in, and had begun to trickle towards the smeared arachnid on the floor. What is is is is is? Dead bug. Messy. Horrible. Must clean it clean it clean it all all all...

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY