help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Renaming The Willow Mythos, Need Help!, Restructuring how things work...
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 06:55 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Hey guys, we're going to be renaming our Mythos something more eye-catching, and changing the focus a bit of the forums. We're doing this to distance ourselves from the Fear and Slenderman Mythoii, and make ourselves something that stands out a little more from the crowd. We need some help deciding on a name though, so we were hoping you guys could help out. Any name ideas are helpful, but we really want to not use the word "Mythos" in the name of our universe, since too many things do that already. It will still be the Willow Mythos, but it needs a better name.

Please help us brainstorm suggestions in here! :3

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
WereMagi
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 08:13 PM

Forum Puppy

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Firstly, what are we gonna focus on more? It's the Willow Mythos because Willow was the first Altered, right?

I mean, first, we need to set out WHAT we are and WHAT we want to focus on before naming ourselves. You don't name a a creation before it's even created.

Once I have Willow Mythos stuff to link, I'll update this here signature.

Until then, WOOF WOOF MOFOS!
user posted image
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 08:16 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

The focus I'd like to take this in is a focus more on tragedy and struggle. The tragedies behind the Altered and their back-stories, and the horror of being a human in a universe where what happened to the Altered could happen to you, at any time, anywhere, by any being. I would also like to introduce more higher-level eldritch beings (besides just Slendy) to actually create Altered. We already do have Altered that aren't Slendy-made, after all, look at the Egg. That's what I think should be our focal point.

Here's a quote from the skypechat I had with some other staff members:

[7:17:15 PM] DarkShadows: Really with the Willow Mythos, in stories, the whole focus is tragedy-horror more than pure horror. This is a Mythos where people get turned into monsters, then start acting like monsters.
[7:17:37 PM] Alexis: its actually less focused on fear
[7:17:39 PM] Alexis: and more on
[7:17:40 PM] Alexis: well
[7:17:44 PM] Alexis: all other emotions
[7:17:47 PM] Alexis: mostly Sorrow
[7:18:14 PM] DarkShadows: It's more focused on tragedy and feels.
[7:18:23 PM] DarkShadows: Horror is there too though.
[7:18:51 PM] (=^・ェ・^=): I think you should put the focus on the characters being tainted by these eldritch monsters, and the horrifying experience of slowly being warped into something else
[7:19:43 PM] (=^・ェ・^=): Once you see the other side, you begin to see all the horrifying things you once ignored or one didn't notice
[7:20:08 PM] DarkShadows: That's exactly it.
[7:20:27 PM] DarkShadows: It's the horror of monsters, but also the horror of knowing you live in a world where that could happen to you.
[7:21:01 PM] DarkShadows: Although we say you can *technically* write whatever you want.

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
WereMagi
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 08:19 PM

Forum Puppy

So, in a sense, People made into monsters by other monsters their tales as they try to live their new lives? The monsters that go about making others from humans being eldritch and lalalala Monsters. Those Monsters may be what we have heard or know about to ones that are new to us or have been forgotten.

Yes?

user posted image
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 08:22 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Trying to focus on tragedy, body horror, and creatures. So in a sense, yes. It's about struggle. And even those humans *not* turned into monstrous creatures are suffering and struggling, because of the humans that *were* transformed and because of the beings that transformed those other humans.

WereMagi
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 08:32 PM

Forum Puppy

So, in my mind I'm painting an picture with the ideas of tainted, corrupted, isolated, discarded, used and of course, Misery and Pain. Struggle.

I think something bleak, one to three-or-five words that doesn't include Mythos, Chronicles or Series... Something like... Hmmm.... "We were human"? No, more story name and less collective...

Throw more words at me... My mind picture needs more paint.

user posted image
WereMagi
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 10:06 PM

Forum Puppy

Are we Monsters?
We that Descended
Fall into Misery/Despair/Insanity/Darkness
We aren't Normal, Once we were
Led astray by our demons

More ideas, thoughts?

user posted image
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 10:08 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Are We Monsters?

I like this one.

Cat of Ulthar
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 01:05 PM

New Blood

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 21

After mulling on it for awhile, I'd have to say my favorite is We the Afflicted. Someone (magi, I think?) came up with that in the skype group.
Pandora
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 01:09 PM

Frightened

Group Icon

Member No.: 23

I like the name We the Afflicted!
I vote for that!
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 01:49 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

I do like that, almost like this is a slowly progressing disease... in fact, that could even be an explanation for the Altering - it's a disease you catch from eldritch beings.

ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 05:47 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Member No.: 11

I second that. It's a good name and it really helps show that they are both monsters, but very humanized monsters brought about through tragedy, dejection, and misfortune.

However, should we change the name of the creatures to "The Afflicted" instead of "The Altered", or should we say both are interchangeable? I'm only asking because I'm putting them both down on the Altered article. :I

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
WereMagi
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 05:55 PM

Forum Puppy

I did make that name!

And the name for our beings SHOULD be interchangeable.

user posted image
Afterwards
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 06:01 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

Yeah, I think it should be interchangeable. I like the Afflicted, it sounds pretty cool, but I'll probably still call them Altered in most of my writings. So ye, I vote for interchangeable names!

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 4 2013, 02:55 AM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Member No.: 11

To add to it, here's a little pledge-like thingy I have made.

We, the Afflicted,
Bonded in suffering, together in fear,
Shall overcome all obstacles,
We will fight our natures,
Human and Beast
And make a name for ourselves in the world.

We, the Afflicted,
Shackled to the universe, melted into time,
Must find paths to redemption,
Or forever be consumed
By our inner Beast
And lose our way in the world.

We, the Afflicted,
United by pain, broken by power,
Are beyond even our comprehension
We are forced to walk the earth,
spreading terror,
until the end of the world.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY