help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Site Change Log, Staff updates on site changes.
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 9 2013, 10:30 AM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

I was thinking - these forums look rather bland. So it came to me that maybe we could get some people to help design them to look better?

I was thinking our color scheme could be violet and grey, or some variation of that. Based on that, I'll need people for:
  • designing a banner for the forum header
  • designing a banner for our affiliate link
  • making buttons and other graphics
  • making emotes (I can do some of this, but I'm so busy I can't do as much as I'd like.)
  • coming up with alternate skin colors, if we want alternate skins

And other things that will come up as we find them. If any of you folks know CSS, that's a plus. If anyone here is good with photoshop or something, that would be great!

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
The Administrator
 Posted: May 9 2013, 10:35 AM

The Administrator

Group Icon

Member No.: 1

designing a banner for the forum header
designing a banner for our affiliate link

I can do these two. ^-^

⊗ The Administrator is always watching. ⊗
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 9 2013, 06:21 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Sweet, thanks. It doesn't have to be fancy or anything, something simple is best.

Update: We now have a nice forum skin for you lovely folks. :3 I also added two emoticons - : doll : and : slendy :.

http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/dollface.png http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/SlendyTendrilsAni.gif

Update 2: We now have buttons for the forum and I am going to go pass out for the next several hours now. ^w^

Update 3: Thanks to Zack, we now have a Fleshangel emote and a special occasion one, too - : flesh : and : party :.
http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/Fleshangel.png http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/Fleshangel_Birthday.png

Update 4: Mini profiles now working properly again. We have rank images for everyone, and special group icons for Mods (whom we can decide on when we have more people join), Admins, and banned members. Fixed the Midnight Glow 1.5 skin so it now has a background, and will soon have specifically colored buttons. I actually have buttons set for those so I won't pass out this time.

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jun 1 2013, 04:06 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

As of June 1, 2013:
  • We now have a banner for the Graveyard Shift skin thanks to Pandora.
  • The skin "Midnight Glow 1.5 has been removed due to difficulties in getting the code to work with the shoutbox and affiliates banner.
  • I will be working on better buttons to match the Graveyard Shift skin, and at some point I may code in a Weeping Willow emote.
  • Zack, as far as I know, is working on some more sprites, so expect some more Altered emotes eventually. ^w^

The Administrator
 Posted: Jun 3 2013, 07:50 AM

The Administrator

Group Icon

Member No.: 1

user posted image

Affiliates button!

⊗ The Administrator is always watching. ⊗
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jun 3 2013, 11:31 AM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

It is so shiny. ^w^ *waves arms*

WereMagi
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 08:17 AM

Forum Puppy

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Can I request for a non picture version? Also ways good to offer a colour schemed skin with not many images for those with slow internet or nearing their download cap.

Once I have Willow Mythos stuff to link, I'll update this here signature.

Until then, WOOF WOOF MOFOS!
user posted image
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jun 5 2013, 04:42 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

I'll get right to work on it. If you like I can set it so you can't see avatars and stuff...

Update: A simpler Willow Default skin is now available for those with slow connections, called "Willow Simple". Let me know if this is suitable, Magi, or if it needs more done to it to help you out.

WereMagi
 Posted: Jun 6 2013, 07:17 PM

Forum Puppy

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

QUOTE (DarkShadows @ Jun 6 2013, 07:42 AM)
I'll get right to work on it. If you like I can set it so you can't see avatars and stuff...

Update: A simpler Willow Default skin is now available for those with slow connections, called "Willow Simple". Let me know if this is suitable, Magi, or if it needs more done to it to help you out.

Works well. Also looks better on my iPod and phone now that I don't have an image that cropped as the background.

Also, just a tip, images never make good backgrounds if tiled, stretched, ect. It never works well when we have large and small screens that view the site. Borders and other like images work better, so long they tile well.

Once I have Willow Mythos stuff to link, I'll update this here signature.

Until then, WOOF WOOF MOFOS!
user posted image
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jun 6 2013, 11:05 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Well if you have a better background image idea, you could always pitch it... ^w^

DarkShadows
 Posted: Jul 16 2013, 01:37 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Ladies and gentlemen, assorted monsters of all ages, we now have a ranking system far better that the "Newcomer, Member, Regular" version we had previously. We now have the following ranks, active at the following postcounts:
  • New Blood (newcomer)
  • Frightened (10 posts)
  • Stalked (50 posts)
  • Haunted (100 posts)
  • Sleepless (200 posts)
  • Tormented (400 posts)
  • Taken (600 posts)
  • Tortured (800 posts)
  • Altered (1000 posts)

If anyone has suggestions for higher rankings, maybe at 5000 and 10,000 posts, let me know. ^w^ My hope is that this ranking system will encourage more people to post more often. I will be trying to figure out a better rank pip than those ugly stars; if anyone has ideas pitch 'em at me! biggrin.gif

Afterwards
 Posted: Jul 16 2013, 01:52 PM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

OuO emoticons? *is shot*

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jul 16 2013, 01:53 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Good suggestion actually. ^w^

Update: As requested, we now have a "Willowface" emote: http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/OuO.gif

Update 2: We now have custom ranking pips, using Pandora's Willow Symbol. You get the first one at 10 posts, and another one at 50 and every other multiple of two hundred.

We also have a new emotes. Typing : willow : (no spaces) and you get http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/WillowSymbol2.gif, and typing : operator : (also without spaces) gives you http://willowmythos.b1.jcink.com/uploads/willowmythos/Operator.gif.

Afterwards
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 10:05 AM

Forum Game Master

Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 7

We needz some spoiler tagz!

Ragnarok
Come Day of Wrath, O Pulse l'Cie
Embrace thy fate, thine home to burn
That fallen souls may bear our plea
To hasten the Divine's return
O Piteous Wanderer, Ragnarok
Make of this day a grave epoch
Deliver the Divine, Ragnarok
DarkShadows
 Posted: Jul 30 2013, 06:01 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

I will look up how to do so, and hopefully get that implemented soon.

Also, we now have a new background, as voted on by you guys! Also, the hyperlink text is now a more visible color, hopefully.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY