help | search | members | calendar

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules collapse  

The Gate Keeper, he who watches the path
NoFourthWall
 Posted: May 6 2013, 05:02 PM

Stalked

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

The Gate Keeper is an Altered of mine that still works for Slender Man who debuted in the blog Across the black seas of infinity. His main responsibility is to watch over The Path of Black Leaves when Slender Man is away and ensure intruders do not escape alive. As a result of his postion of power, he is able to command the creatures within The Path of Black Leaves to a degree and is highly respected by normal proxies.

He is always seen wearing a robe and carrying a scythe, leading to many people proxies nicknaming him The Grim Reaper. The reason he dresses like this, is to hide the fact that his eyes were removed by the Slender Man. So far the only abilities he's shown to have is to disguise himself as a normal looking human through something called, Illusion Forms (a fancy nickname for perception filter's) and being able to teleport.
DarkShadows
 Posted: May 9 2013, 09:49 AM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

I have to say I really dig the idea of Altereds having illusion forms and being able to camouflage themselves as normal. Lots of potential there. Maybe as a way to ensure they don't remain that way for long, they have certain things they can never change (sort of like how demons can't hide their cloven hooves, maybe Altereds can't hide the fact they have no eyes, no mouth, extra limbs, etc. and need to cover these missing or extra bits). Another option could be that they simply don't feel comfortable in their normal-looking forms, whatever those might be. So for example, if an Altered has extra legs, it may feel very uncomfortable hiding all those extra legs in its normal form. It must get awful cramped...

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
NoFourthWall
 Posted: May 9 2013, 01:36 PM

Stalked

QUOTE (DarkShadows @ May 9 2013, 02:49 PM)
I have to say I really dig the idea of Altereds having illusion forms and being able to camouflage themselves as normal. Lots of potential there. Maybe as a way to ensure they don't remain that way for long, they have certain things they can never change (sort of like how demons can't hide their cloven hooves, maybe Altereds can't hide the fact they have no eyes, no mouth, extra limbs, etc. and need to cover these missing or extra bits). Another option could be that they simply don't feel comfortable in their normal-looking forms, whatever those might be. So for example, if an Altered has extra legs, it may feel very uncomfortable hiding all those extra legs in its normal form. It must get awful cramped...

All of this sounds rather awesome especially the part about not being able to change certain things. It's now my headcanon that the Gate Keeper was wearing sunglasses when he transformed in the latest post to hide the fact that he doesn't have eyes.
NoFourthWall
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 02:14 PM

Stalked

I'm attempting to remake The Gate Keeper into a Higher Being, that is (mostly) unconnected to Slender Man. So if anyone has ideas, please share them here.
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 02:37 PM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (NoFourthWall @ Aug 8 2013, 02:14 PM)
I'm attempting to remake The Gate Keeper into a Higher Being, that is (mostly) unconnected to Slender Man. So if anyone has ideas, please share them here.

He keeps and maintains all paths between all worlds? :I I don't know.

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
NoFourthWall
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 03:11 PM

Stalked

That was always apart of his backstory though. I made it so he only guarded the path of black leaves in Black Seas in order to make it more realistic, since Slendy probably wouldn't have given a servant that type of power.

This post has been edited by NoFourthWall: Aug 8 2013, 03:17 PM
DarkShadows
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 08:05 PM

The Mother of the Willow

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Well if you're remaking the Gate Keeper into a Higher Being, then why not go with the death imagery you have going, and take it a bit further? Perhaps actually make him an embodiment of Death; I'd say Death itself would probably *be* pretty eldritch and imposing if it had a physical form... How good/evil/neutral, lawful/chaotic, and blue/orange you wanna make him will depend on your choice, or the author's choice if you're going to make/keep him open-source.

the reason the willow weeps. is the willow weeps for you. user posted image

My Youtube ~ My ArtGrounds ~ My FictionPress ~ My (Personal) Blog

Creator Of: In The Dark Shadows (Willow Mythos, Complete), Open Season (Slenderman Mythos, Complete), WalkingWithGiants87 (Slendervlog, In Progress), and a lot of short Slenderstories and Fearblogpastas...
Currently Living: I am S-0001, and ICANSEETHEGIANT. My name is DarkShadows and I am a SlenderHolic.
NoFourthWall
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 08:09 PM

Stalked

I like that idea of making him the embodiment of Death, and once he becomes finalized he'll be open source again. :3
NoFourthWall
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 09:06 PM

Stalked

Okay after talking to Dark and Alexis, this is what the Gate Keeper is now:

The Gate Keeper is the embodiment of death and always varies in appearance depending on the characters view of death. He could look like a mythological being representing death like the Grim Reaper or it could just look like a dead family member.

It is usually a neutral entity that doesn't involve itself with human affairs unless it absolutely needs to. The Gate Keeper acts as a guardian over the multiverse, time itself, and the various "paths" to other universes. However it keep them all safe at all times so it creates its own Altered to protect them.

Along with the powers Gate Keeper had before, he can also control time and the fabric of reality itself.

If there's any other ideas you want to pitch go ahead, but I think he's pretty close to being good enough for wiki now :3
ZacksQuest
 Posted: Aug 9 2013, 11:15 AM

The Harbringer of the Funk

Member No.: 11

Okay. That is cool. Personally, I'll use him as the embodiment of time itself instead of just death, but that's because I have the Archangel somewhere in the universe that I'm not going to use often.

Though yes. I now appreciate the coolness of Higher Beings. ohmy.gif

Willow Mythos Blogs: The Branches Take

"When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.
He said, 'Son when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?'
He said, 'Will you defeat them: your demons, and all the nonbelievers the plans that they have made?
Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade."
- ("Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance)
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

afraidOftheDark skinned by jacquelyn of RPGD · RPGC · CAUTION · ATF · RCR · SHADOWPLAY